Film 4.. Best free channel for movies

As someone who doesn't have sky I watch a lot of film 4, in recent years there has been some really good films on and the range is great. Something different every week.

So is it worth investing in sky purely for films? :suspect:

What's peoples thoughts on this...

Ps: Aliens directors cut now on...epic! :):cool:

i noticed film 4 changed as soon as it went "free" it got more of the lesser films and also repats them more

and no

buy them on dvd, far better than buying sky purely for films

I like film 4's output but I've got so used to watching HD I find it very off-putting watching lower resolution broadcasts (especially films). I wish they'd find a way to fit a Film 4 HD channel into the Freeview spectrum somehow, that really would be great.

i noticed film 4 changed as soon as it went "free" it got more of the lesser films and also repats them more

and no

buy them on dvd, far better than buying sky purely for films

Would you say the "lesser films" are good? I've seen some really good films that I would have probably never seen. I find the repeats handy if you miss it the first time round.

Would you say the "lesser films" are good? I've seen some really good films that I would have probably never seen. I find the repeats handy if you miss it the first time round.

depends, some are good some are crap, the rate of repeat and the quality of film i would say generally is worse than when they charged tho...........yes even tho theres some great films on there

I like film 4's output but I've got so used to watching HD I find it very off-putting watching lower resolution broadcasts (especially films). I wish they'd find a way to fit a Film 4 HD channel into the Freeview spectrum somehow, that really would be great.

Without turning this thread into a SD Vs HD thread, I've only ever watched one film in HD on a mates shiny new LCD screen and that was independence day. It actully looked really dated ( the scene in the tunnel with the fireball, dog jumping into a side door etc) it just didn't look right. But when watched on a normal 'SDTV' it looks great....

Without turning this thread into a SD Vs HD thread, I've only ever watched one film in HD on a mates shiny new LCD screen and that was independence day. It actully looked really dated ( the scene in the tunnel with the fireball, dog jumping into a side door etc) it just didn't look right. But when watched on a normal 'SDTV' it looks great....

Try watching something relatively modern with a high production quality. Maybe Inception, Quantum of Solace, Star Trek or The Dark Knight. You'll be blown away with the difference.

Try watching something relatively modern with a high production quality. Maybe Inception, Quantum of Solace, Star Trek or The Dark Knight. You'll be blown away with the difference.

Yeah I will, waiting for the price crash on all the LED HD 3D TV's not to mention SUPER high def possibly next year. :o