Radio 2 - get your history right!

In this jubilee and Olympic year, how better to show the world how rich our culture is than by showing off our historical heritage?

That's the idea, so why on Radio 2's Simon Mayo show today did a supposedly savvy architect (someone Hutchinson?) insist, several times, that;-

"In 1066 when Edward (?) the Conqueror invaded... "?:help::roll:

Ok, so we're not all history buffs and know much perhaps, but 1066? Harold's eye? William the Conqueror?

"History has known many great liars...Copernicus...Goebbels...St.Ralph The Liar...."

Think on.

"History has known many great liars...Copernicus...Goebbels...St.Ralph The Liar...."

Think on.

Yes but you forgot tony blair liar and war criminal.

I guffawed the other week when Chris Evans' 70's Smasher - a weekday slot - was You To Me Are Everything by The Real Thing, a 1976 Number one by the Liverpool boys.

Mr Evans was surprised that this 'one hit wonder' didn't lead to any other songs whatsoever.

I'll say something: if some fool put me on 'deejay' Chris Evans' ridiculous salary I'd ensure I knew a little something about music.

As it is, despite my current financial plight, it's second nature to know that The Real Thing DID have subsequent hits, not least Can't Get By Without You and Can You Feel The Force.

Edited by Ousetunes

I guffawed the other week when Chris Evans' 70's Smasher - a weekday slot - was You To Me Are Everything by The Real Thing, a 1976 Number one by the Liverpool boys.

Mr Evans was surprised that this 'one hit wonder' didn't lead to any other songs whatsoever.

I'll say something: if some fool put me on 'deejay' Chris Evans' ridiculous salary I'd ensure I knew a little something about music.

As it is, despite my current financial plight, it's second nature to know that The Real Thing DID have subsequent hits, not least Can't Get By Without You and Can You Feel The Force.

He is just a presenter his producer will have picked the tunes to play, good at his job although he is an irritating top hat .