The X Files - TV programme

That episode with the family of mutant hillbillys that kept their quadraplegic mother under the bed for food and breeding....ugh!

And as I recall the mother was effectively the family's ringleader, and very protective of her offspring she was too.

The opening scene of that episode was meant to start out with an even more gruesome edge: the mutant baby being buried as the episode starts was to be buried alive, indicated by the sound of the baby's crying. The studio was having none of it, and ordered that the crying be removed.

One of the episodes I haven’t watched in a while is 'Leonard Betts', the episode with the cancer-eating human tumour who tells Scully that she has what he needs. Perhaps it's the horror associated with the disease, or maybe the shock of Scully’s impromptu ‘diagnosis’ or the goriness of his transformations, but I'm not in too much of a hurry to revisit that episode.

Best TV show ever. Waiting for a remastered HD box-set with baited breath.

Best TV show ever. Waiting for a remastered HD box-set with baited breath.

Was brilliant & set the bar for such as Fringe, Dana Scully she was gorgeous :)

And as I recall the mother was effectively the family's ringleader, and very protective of her offspring she was too.

The opening scene of that episode was meant to start out with an even more gruesome edge: the mutant baby being buried as the episode starts was to be buried alive, indicated by the sound of the baby's crying. The studio was having none of it, and ordered that the crying be removed.

One of the episodes I haven’t watched in a while is 'Leonard Betts', the episode with the cancer-eating human tumour who tells Scully that she has what he needs. Perhaps it's the horror associated with the disease, or maybe the shock of Scully’s impromptu ‘diagnosis’ or the goriness of his transformations, but I'm not in too much of a hurry to revisit that episode.

Even more stomach-churning? :|