Exeter Drive Sheffield

Does anyone know what this area is like, and is it the sort of area that would be ok for a Uni student to live? The flats don't look that great, but external looks aren't always everything.

It's mainly low-rise council accomodation, handy for both universities and the city centre. It hasn't got the best reputation though and I see police patrols round there quite a bit. I've seen police patrolling on horseback in June but that was a couple of years ago. If you're a student you'd be better off sticking to student areas - Broomhill, Crookes, Walkley, Ecclesall Road, etc. I'd imagine students would stick out a bit on that estate. The older housing just a minute's walk away is more of a student area. How would you get accomodation in a council flat if you're a student?

Think it's mainly for elderly

i lived on exeter place it was horrible would live there ever again even if you payed me it aint full of old people i no that

Thanks for the replies. I was thinking of purchasing a flat that is advertised for sale there to use for my son and his mate to live in whilst they are at Uni - might now look elsewhere.

I saw the flat I think you mean on Rightmove... This one:

http://www.rightmove.co.uk/property-for-sale/property-20969235.html?premiumA=true

Guess that's the reason it's 55k is it's not a great estate... Heard there's a lot of problems with Somalian gangs in Broomhall.

A 3 bed flat 2 mins up the road would be 4 x the value which I guess says it all.

Shame as it looks like the current owners have made it look nice.

Yes that's the one, as you say a shame as it looks like they've made a good job of it.

Yes that's the one, as you say a shame as it looks like they've made a good job of it.

If you bought there you'd have difficulty selling it on. The people I know on that estate are alright but it does have its problems and I don't think it'd be suitable for students. If you want to buy a flat for students then look at places like the newbuilds near Devonshire Green, West Street, etc - West One, Royal Plaza, etc. They'll be more expensive if you can afford them but easier to sell afterwards or rent out to other people. Chinese and other overseas students in particular are after them to rent as are young professionals.

*mod hat off*

the construction is not brilliant, they are prone to damp, and if they are directly below the flat roof, there can be problems.

on the plus side, close to all Uni facilities, (to both campuses of the Hallam Uni, and to the University of Sheffield) close to regular buses, within 5 mins walk of the city centre

They've now taken it off the market so no need for me to consider it anymore...thankfully it sounds like:cool: