Have the police forgotten they serve us?

They serve the state ie. the government ie. those that *claim* to represent us, due to our supposedly democratic system and strip away our cash via taxes. Therefore the police serves the interests of the elite criminals who rob us blind.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Police_Federation_of_England_and_Wales

Police officers are technically not employees, but crown-appointed warrant holders. This allowed the police their unique independent status and notionally provides the citizens of the UK a protection from any government that might wish unlawfully to use the police as an instrument against them.

It also performs many other functions, such as training, administering legal representation and liaising with government and other national bodies on policy and legislative matters.

Police officers have a number of unusual conditions attached to their working practice. Firstly, they hold a warrant from the Crown that allows each officer to act as an individual and at their own discretion. Therefore, they cannot be ordered to arrest someone if they believe that not to be the right course of action.

I'd say a lot of that has been forgotten, put to one side, ignored, the police are political puppets today and have been for along time.

You don't watch many politics and news programmes then do you!

the police are our servants,public servants, not the states storm troopers.

When the people fear their government, there is tyranny; when the government fears the people, there is liberty.

Thomas Jefferson

You could easily substitute "police" for "government" there.

The police are the state's hired thugs. Nothing more. Look how they were used in the miner's strike.

The recent phone tapping scandal shows that they are available to the highest bidder.

Phone tapping scandal shows police corruption risk

They also seem to be above the laws they enforce.

Policeman caught speeding gets off free

Fury as 90,000 police officers caught speeding are 'let off'

Policeman caught speeding at 100mph 'because he was late for work' [he was let off]

And then of course, there's theft. Apparently for a prole such as you or I, stealing £3.50 worth of bottled water merits a 6 month sentence.

Lidl water thief jailed for six months

Yet if our so-called guardians of the law do it

Police officer who stole computer games escapes jail

See what I mean?

The police are the state's hired thugs. Nothing more. Look how they were used in the miner's strike.

The recent phone tapping scandal shows that they are available to the highest bidder.

Policeman caught speeding at 100mph 'because he was late for work' [he was let off]

And then of course, there's theft. Apparently for a prole such as you or I, stealing £3.50 worth of bottled water merits a 6 month sentence.

See what I mean?

They were used to serve and protect the people that wanted to go about their business without fear, intimidation and violence against them.

Edited by MrSmith

See what I mean?

not to mention anecdotal evidence of things going missing from the evidence locker :suspect: