Is The Lottery Rigged

Ive never won because I dont have a go, but anyone that does is perfectly entitled to whatever they win. The sad face is because I dont particularly like rapists. Sorry :roll:

Which is perfectly fine but that doesn't mean they can't go on the lottery. Though I do think if in prison you shouldn't be allowed. At the time he was though. Don't know if the law has changed.

Which is perfectly fine but that doesn't mean they can't go on the lottery. Though I do think if in prison you shouldn't be allowed. At the time he was though. Don't know if the law has changed.

Who said they cant go on the lottery? Thats not what the threads about.

Think he was out on day release when he bought the ticket.

I always wondered if it was, ever since its inception, the only people who ever seem to win The Lottery are well to do middle class types and those who have never really faced poverty, they all seem to be those with cars and decent homes and those who have always been a model citizen.

It never seems to go to any proper salt of the earth working lower class types, or families that have had to scrimp and save to make ends meet or those who have been evicted because they could not afford to pay off a bill or a loan and we never really see how the poor have gotten anything good.

I often wonder if these winners are hand picked and filtered so they get just the right people on screen for a photo shoot instead of getting people with scruffy hair and funny teeth, it makes you really wonder doesn't it.

You have to remember that the lottery winners that you know about are mainly a self selecting population. Maybe the group of people who you think may be cheated out of lottery wins might decide not to allow their win to be released publicly.

I always wondered if it was, ever since its inception, the only people who ever seem to win The Lottery are well to do middle class types and those who have never really faced poverty, they all seem to be those with cars and decent homes and those who have always been a model citizen.

As you don't have to give any details when you buy your ticket how could they "fix" the "type" of person who won?

I think a computer works out which combination is going to pay out the least though as for who wins....nnnnah;)

So you think all the balls are rigged? Or the programme itself... I'm not sure how you could rig the whole thing..do you have any ideas?

I think a computer works out which combination is going to pay out the least though as for who wins....nnnnah;)

AFAIK there isn't a combination which pays out least, The prize fund is a fixed percentage of the value of the tickets sold. That is assigned first to the smaller wins and the remainder is the big prize.

Who was who said something like, "The distribution of wealth should be restricted to subdue the masses,"?

It never seems to go to any proper salt of the earth working lower class types, or families that have had to scrimp and save to make ends meet or those who have been evicted because they could not afford to pay off a bill or a loan and we never really see how the poor have gotten anything good.

Maybe that type of person prefers the better odds and lower payout of a scratchcard?

No, the National Lottery is NOT rigged, if it was, we wouldnt've won £15 last Saturday night :D

Yes, that could have been scripted by William Hill's marketing department.

Scraps from the table is all you've got (unless, like people who play the fruit machines or gamble on horses, you're going to tell us you're 'ahead' in your gambling...?)