Ooo new Asst. Moderator eh.. Joanl

Ive been on a few fora where there were few mods or the existing mods were crap.

It took a while but I came to the conclusion that an overmoderated forum- if this IS an overmoderated forum- is better.

Maybe the size and success of this place is exactly because of its high number of mods, the fora I mentioned with no or crap mods were lucky to get more than three posts a day and can go for months without new members joining, these rare new members usually make one or two posts before realising the kind of place they had stumbled upon and legged it elsewhere.

Crap mods are biased towards their little clique and on fora with no mods the posters moderate it themselves by forming sad little cliques and alienating everyone who doesnt fit into their little world view. Its easy to judge which type of fora does best, just go to these places and see for yourselves.

Well done Joan. Congrats and all that! :) :)

most forums dont have over 100.000 users tho

Or generate the same capital through advertising.

I dont even know who some of the new mods are and have never ever seen any of their posts, have they had their user names changed and is being a cat lover a prerequisite to becoming a moderator.

just make sure they dont go on power trips,

I think we'll stop the bun throwing right there.

I won't tolerate abuse of the moderating team, so please learn that before you find out the hard way.