Is the world cup the most over rated crap

Only another 3 weeks to go, then you'll have a free month until the new season starts. :hihi: What more do you want?

A month of football every 4 years during the summer Id rather have than 3 months of Big Brother every summer.

It's a good fast moving sport, better that falling to sleep watching tennis.

Are you talking about the England game today?:huh: i hardly call it fast moving !think everyone was falling asleep watching those pounces running round with achieving nothing in 90minutes

It's a good fast moving sport, better that falling to sleep watching tennis.

U r right. .its one of the popular sport and interesting too. I enjoy watching matches. Football fever is all around now as fifa is going on.

I cant stand football and have always hated it, but tons of people love it and....

Come to think of it, the older I get the more I seem to be changing because I watched the Japan V Denmark - I was flicking through the channels and came on it and before I knew what I was doing I was rooting for Japan.... so scratch the bit where I just said I hated it... Looks like Im changing in my old age.

Big bro and the sort of crap you get on Saturday night telly, Ant and Bloody Dec and their ilk... now THATS real crap!

There are hundreds of TV channels these days so why are people getting so upset about 2 or 3 of them showing football matches? I hate the wall-to-wall soaps, reality shows and crap Amercian rubbish that clog up most channels for the rest of the year, but I don't complain, I just switch the TV off and do something else instead.

The point is that right now the World Cup is the most important thing happening on the planet. If England win the World Cup it will be the most important thing to happen in our lifetimes. ;)

If England win the World Cup it will be the most important thing to happen in our lifetimes.

Don't be silly, if that's the most important thing to happen in my lifetime then there's no point in living!

no the most over rated crap is big brother, eastenders and britains got talent

Too true, and we have to put up with Eastenders, Corrie and the likes off ALL bloody year, not just for a month once every four years.

More World Cup, less soaps I say!

(I secertly like Britain's got Talent though.....shhhhh!)

The point is that right now the World Cup is the most important thing happening on the planet. If England win the World Cup it will be the most important thing to happen in our lifetimes. ;)

On both counts, you're confusing interest with importance. Who wins a football tournament is of no importance whatsoever to anything, but an awful lot of people care about the result. More so than will care about anything else, important or not, that happens this year.

There are hundreds of TV channels these days so why are people getting so upset about 2 or 3 of them showing football matches? I hate the wall-to-wall soaps, reality shows and crap Amercian rubbish that clog up most channels for the rest of the year, but I don't complain, I just switch the TV off and do something else instead.

England have won the world Cup in my lifetime, while it was something special at the time it certainly wasnt up there along with my divorce as important

I hate the wall-to-wall soaps, reality shows and crap Amercian rubbish that clog up most channels for the rest of the year, but I don't complain, I just switch the TV off and do something else instead.

I couldn't agree more. If there's nothing you want to watch on television, then turn it off. :thumbsup:

Personally I'm enjoying having something on regularly that I actually want to see, for a month at least.