Are there any IT Jobs for entry level?

Hi,

I have recently passed both my A+ and N+ and after looking around for IT support jobs, I would say 95% require that you have experience. I then looked around to see where I could get this experience but it's very hard. The only experience I have of IT is from the course and what ive done in my spare time. Ive worked in customer service for 4 years so that side is not a problem. Does anyone out there know where I could get the experience or maybe a trainee jobs in south yorkshire?

Thank you,

Wayne.

Try getting work on an it help desk, planetrecruit usually have a lot of these jobs. It;s a great start and you'll soon work your way up

I'd suggest trying the tech support desk at PC World, but you're already overqualified.

There are big problems in the IT jobs market at present. You will not get entry level employment at any big firms. Was something on the radio last week about the market being flooded with Indian workers on skilled migrant and ICT visas. This means that bigger firms do not take on as many graduates and junior staff. I'd suggest you target smaller firms.

All caused by a loophole in immigration law that will cause major long term problems for IT skills in the UK, widening the skills gap.

Good luck!

Good luck, I have been looking for over a year now, applied for a few, with either "no sorry" or no response at all...