Staples to be phased out

I'm surprised they've kept going for this long, it's a really weird setup when you think about it.

A (very) large store, essentially geared towards selling to business customers.

Except no business customers use the place because the prices are too high.

Thanks Jeffrey,

I have a stationary fetish and I love the occasional look around the staples store. Was a bit miffed when I heard it might close and so I have been avoiding it.

You re not alone ;)

My favourite aisle in any Tesco etc is the stationary aisle.

I'm surprised they've kept going for this long, it's a really weird setup when you think about it.

Or too busy to go shopping in an old fashioned way. Everyone buys online these days.

Was it just me who saw the thread title and wondered how we'd attach pieces of paper to each other in the future?

Or too busy to go shopping in an old fashioned way. Everyone buys online these days.

Even before online shopping was big business customers ordered out of a catalogue.

Not always true- but one has to keep an eye open for the frequent offers and price reductions.

My favourite aisle in any Tesco etc is the stationary aisle.

Me too. It's so difficult to get stuff off shelves when they're constantly moving.

Me too. It's so difficult to get stuff off shelves when they're constantly moving.

That made me chuckle. Well done.

I had a wander in a couple of weeks ago and was surprised that they even stock washing detergent, bleach, cleaning products. Quite a range they have of stuff, even foodstuffs like bulk tins of coffee etc

I had a wander in a couple of weeks ago and was surprised that they even stock washing detergent, bleach, cleaning products. Quite a range they have of stuff, even foodstuffs like bulk tins of coffee etc

All are office supplies, more or less. I imagine that there are workplaces which would use washing detergent too.

Massively overpriced.

Totally agree. I prefer Pinders, WH Smiths and Carsons on West St. The latter being my favourite.:)