Rough cost of moving bathroom

I know there are lots of variables but any ideas on the rough cost of moving a bathroom to the front of the house? The bathroom is currently in quite a large room at the back over the offshot kitchen (standard Victorian semi) which I would like to turn into a bedroom.

This will involve installing a new soil stack on the front of the house and partitioning off a large front bedroom into a bathroom and bedroom. I believe there is access to a drain near the front as other houses on the road have soil stacks to the front/side.

Happy to give more information if anyone could advise! I know giving an idea of cost is tricky without seeing the property but I've asked elsewhere and only heard back "how long is a piece of string?" replies which I understand - but a rough estimate for the plumbing work and stud wall would be helpful (minus any costs of the suite/flooring/tiling etc).

EDIT: I presume it will involve a new soil stack as it is currently on the back wall of the offshot and the distance between the front bedroom and the pipe is around 10-11 metres. The upstairs joists run front to back incidentally, or I would have considered running the pipe down the open side wall near the front of the property.

Edited by amazon123

How long is a piece of string is a good answer though.

Don't forget as well as the soil stack you'll also need the hot and cold pipes running there, which probably will mean ripping the floor up quite a way. That is probably the reason the bathroom is above the kitchen in the first place.

For a job like that you do need to get someone round to look at it and quote in person.

Thanks for the reply.

Yep, ripping up the floorboards up to the front bedroom won't be a problem for me (although I know it will increase the work/cost) as it's part of a general renovation and no carpets etc will be in place at the time. Obviously it's more traditional to have the bathroom at the back over the kitchen but I've seen many houses of a similar layout split the large front bedroom into a bed/bath and the oversized back bathroom into a bedroom - turning a three bedroom house into a four bedroom house.

Like this: http://www.rightmove.co.uk/house-prices/detailMatching.html?prop=34477851&sale=71228028&country=england

But yes, I'll be getting people round as soon as I move in (in a few weeks) but wanted a vague ball park figure for this kind of work. The alternative is to leave the bathroom where it is and split the large loft bedroom into two smaller bedrooms but from houses where I've seen this done it often feels poky with the sloping ceilings which can only be resolved by adding something like a dormer for which you're talking a lot of money as well...

Edited by amazon123

Did your survey or the searches come back saying rough location of sewerage pipes or anything?

Might be worth talking to some of the neighbours, see if they remember the extent of the works needed to run the pipe?

One other thing: I've located a sewer manhole around 4 metres from the proposed site of the new soil pipe - but it's in next door's front drive where it meets the pavement. Would I be able to access this via the pavement? I can't imagine digging up pavements is allowed... If not would that mean having to construct a new manhole cover in my own garden?