West Yorkshire Windows

Extremely poor service!

We had our conservatory done by them which the work was delayed with no solid reason. We always have to call and chase the work getting done. The base work was done poorly which they have to re-do after installing the electric flooring and laminate floor. We had a leaking roof and water dampen the internal roof just a week after we painted the roof and wall. West Yorkshire window claimed they are not responsible for any interior damage, saying they are not insurance company. Extremely poor service and this company has no integrity as they claimed staff came to check on the base- and final-work but both have error so I was not sure how much their staff has checked in details.

Complaints went to a persona called Colin McCabe and stopped because he said he is the operation director and all complaints go to him. He was Very aggressive and only wanted to tell you that they are not responsible for anything because they are not crystal balls which can predict when the leakage or error going to occur. How rude! If I read these review before building the conservatory, I would never ever use this company! Extremely bad service with the amount of money we paid.

Has anyone had a problem with a 'chemical/adhesive smell coming from their windows fitted by WYW?

We had WYW to fit some new windows in April and still after all this time we have a smell from the 'two part/hot melt' they use to seal the units. It's stronger when it's hot outside, but there all the time faintly. After 4 different people have been out to check them and all have agreed they too can smell it. When there shouldn't be any odour. A manager from Global Windows has been and said he can't smell anything so that's the end of it! Although he has offered to remake the windows using a different method that won't have any smell as long as we pay for it! Can anyone help? Where do I go next with this?

Has anyone had a problem with a 'chemical/adhesive smell coming from their windows fitted by WYW?

We had WYW to fit some new windows in April and still after all this time we have a smell from the 'two part/hot melt' they use to seal the units. It's stronger when it's hot outside, but there all the time faintly. After 4 different people have been out to check them and all have agreed they too can smell it. When there shouldn't be any odour. A manager from Global Windows has been and said he can't smell anything so that's the end of it! Although he has offered to remake the windows using a different method that won't have any smell as long as we pay for it! Can anyone help? Where do I go next with this?

Why are Global Windows involved if your contract was with WYWs? It is WYWs responsibility.

Try - https://www.myglazing.com/wp-content/uploads/2015/08/Conciliation-Scheme.pdf

West Yorkshire Windows - what a joke outfit.

Originally the back door would not close properly, it was off centre and crooked. Only after 4 visits (and the door frame replaced) did it finally fit (we held the money back until it was done).

Two years later we had a break in and the door panel was kicked in and they just simply crawled in and randsacked the house. We had the high security locks fitted etc on front and back doors. The Police came (to do fingerprints) and found two small shoe prints from a 'plimsole' type shoe. They panel was not damaged and gave way with two small kicks. At 4.15 pm we phoned the WY Windows and they said all the fitters had gone home and it would be tomorrow before anyone would phone back. We had to get an insurance guy out to fit the panel back as best he could (it was -2 oC outside and was freezing in the house). The next day a WY guy came out kicked the door a few times and said he didnt know how it could happen. Told us to send pictures to Colin who was the branch manager. When my partner phoned to ask about the 'secturity' form we got signed from them he was not interested and very abusive, and said 'if someone threw a brick through your window would you expect us to fix it ?'.

Brilliant customer service , errrr no I dont think so. His final comment was , 'yes we can fix it but you will have to pay'. Quality people, NOT, please avoid at all costs.

Martin - PS please contact for pictures to see how easy the door gave way.

I have fitted several cat flaps in double glazed doors. The pvc panels might as well be made of hardboard. Anyone with a pad saw or stanley knife could cut an access hole in a couple of minutes or less.

Apparently they use global to supply their glass units. WYW had no idea what it was. I've been given an email address of WYW main manager to take it further.

Apparently they use global to supply their glass units. WYW had no idea what it was. I've been given an email address of WYW main manager to take it further.

If it is Colin McCabe then you are definitely wasting your time. There is no customer service at WYWs. They do not even have a complaints procedure in place. Your best bet is Glass & Glazing federation - now that Andrew Glover (owner of WYWS) is no longer chairman you may just get somewhere. Also - https://www.which.co.uk/reviews/double-glazing/article/how-to-buy-double-glazing/your-rights-when-buying-double-glazing