2015/16 recommended tradesmen MEGATHREAD no advertising/self promotion

You may struggle i'm afraid, i'm booked up till June.

Yes Sam. I had seen you mention that in another post so didn't message you.

Looks like it will have to wait :)

Can anyone recommend a tiler.

Can anyone recommend a tiler.

I can recommend someone called Martin Powell his number is 0114 243 7459

Can anyone recommend someone to look at our floorboards? Moved in over the summer but have just noticed various boards are creakier than others and some have a lot of 'bounce' in them, making the floors a bit uneven. Looking to get new carpets down so want them fixing first if possible. Upstairs and downstairs - sees downstairs is up on concrete pillars and some of the joists might need replacing?

Thanks

Jeff Smith of Joinery solutions has done work for us before which has always been of a very high standard. This time, the project was an ambitious one: installing a new kitchen, which, as well as the actual installation, involved arranging and co-ordinating plastering and electrical work. All of this was carried out impeccably. During the course of the work, we discovered that our kitchen floorboards and joists needed totally replacing. We were glad that Jeff was around to sort this out very calmly and efficiently. As I've said before on this site, I recommend him very highly indeed.

Can anyone recommend a window cleaner in the hillsborough area that can do conservatory windows? Thanks

Hi there, we are looking for a reliable gardener or gardening company to clear out our front and back gardens in a mid terrace house. I guess it would be a half day job. Have been in contact with a few gardeners. Either no show or no follow up after they said they would!

Also looking for someone to fix our garden walls and fence. Need someone or a company with appropriate insurance in place, e.g. public liability/third party liability.

Any Good recommendation pls. Thanks

Hi All, just wanted to put a quick recommendation for Jeff the Joiner (Joinery Solutions) up on here. He has just built a big wardrobe in an alcove section in the top floor of our house for us and it looks great. We now have storage a plenty. He came when arranged, finished it in double quick time and was excellent on price.. We are very happy with what he has done. thanks Jeff.

hi thank you for the work kind regards jeff

Hello, I wonder if anyone has suggestions for people to carry out the following work please? I don't really know where to start and need some quotes so I know which ones to do first!

- Fireplace re do - it's currently a weird hole in the wall, but would like it re-doing so I can sit an electric log burner in (I have pictures I can email for quotes of what it looks like now and what I'd like it to look like after)

- Laying laminate or wood (undecided which yet) down in an 8mx3m living room and small hallway

- My kitchen ceiling is polystyrene tiles, hidden by a slightly lowered 'office ceiling tile' type monstrosity with spotlights set in. Ideally, I'd like the lot out and just plastered and new light fittings in.

-I'd like a murphy bed to go in my spare room. Really struggling to see anywhere local that does these, but I need my room to be dual purpose so I think a murphy bed is the way to go. Has anyone done these before?

Sorry that was lengthy - any help greatly appreciated

Lisa

Had Michael (mmitchell) back this week to do some additional decorating.

Brilliant, quick and clean work as before. Highly recommended.

See you again in January!

Had Michael (mmitchell) back this week to do some additional decorating.

Brilliant, quick and clean work as before. Highly recommended.

See you again in January!

Thank you for your review it’s much appreciated any problems please do not hesitate to get in touch

Thanks

Michael

Hi,

Any one could recommend a good clean and reliable plumber to fit a mira shower, connected to the main gas? The pipes are already there, it is just a replacement.

Thanks