Dog friendly landlords/house shares?

I will be moving to Sheffield in the next year and am looking for a house share that will allow a dog. I'm in my twenties and not in the position to rent a whole property or buy anywhere at this point so a house share is my only option! I know it's going to be difficult with a dog, especially as all the other housemates will need to be happy with it, but I am hopeful.. I've been browsing on Spareroom.com for a while and have seen a few places that have a dog already or say they would accept one for a higher deposit.

Can anyone give me advice on how difficult it is to find a place with a landlord/lady who will allow dogs? Another option is for me to find a place that's available for house share and try and find other people to buddy up and move in together. Or possibly being a lodger although being new to Sheffield I'd ideally like to live with other people my age for the social side..

Steer towards houses [not flats]. That way, leasehold covenants won't be an extra problem.