Advice on claiming for damages against a housing association

hi was wondering if anyone has successfully filed a claim against a housing association or their insurance?

after being in my property just over a year i havew had several issues with the drainage in the kitchen, it has been repaired around 15 times all of witch has never been done correctly by various poeple from the housing repaires team and also metro rod. this resulted in various floods in the property of drain water and backed up washer and sink waste.

the damaged caused between these incidents are as follows,

washing machine cost of £180 - eventually the drains backed up so much it filled our washing machine with dirty water witch ment our clothes was ruined on every wash, we tried various products to get it clean but nothing worked.

launderette fees estimated £100 - for the time left without drainage system

kitchen flooring replaced twice at a cost of £200 for both - floor eventually got saturated that many times it had to be pulled up as wasn't clean or safe for children.

living room carpet needs to be replaced due to various flood damage - has had plenty of cleans with the carpet cleaner but is not like it was laid new a year ago.

the main reason i am considering this route is because last night our down stairs neighbor suffered an electrical fire witch in turn resulted in our electric having to be completely shut off during the hours of 03:00 and 11 am,

this has now resulted in the loss of over £100 worth of freezer food.

our neighbor has successfully challenged the housing on 2 occasions for her kitchen to be re decorated by them due to the damage caused by our problem but yet they dont seem to budge when i am complaining.

the obvious answer to all this is to have home insurance, as a family of 4 with 2 children under 2 years of age we simply cant afford our own insurance. any advice would be appreciated

thanks

kieron

long-leasholder just like a standard council tenancy

No. The two are quite different.

A Council Secure Tenancy is not a long-leasehold!