Building Regularisation Certificate

Hi,

Had anyone had experience of obtaining a Building Regularisation Certificate from Sheffield Council? We are selling our house and need one for a RSJ that was installed in between the kitchen and the dining room.

Many thanks

Did you not comply with the Building Act 1984 when the work was done?

Hi,

We employed a builder, who employed an architect, whom both advised we did not need any sort of permission for the RSJ. We are now selling our property and have been told that we need said certificate. Are there grounds for us to sue both parties if we do not get this from the council?

hi you always need certs . i think you can get a insurance cert to cover you ta jeff

You can obtain either:

a. the necessary Certificate from the Local Authority; or

b. an indemnity insurance policy.

BUT you cannot obtain such a policy if you've already contacted the Local Authority.

Does anyone have a recommendation for an architect/firm who can support us and draw up plans for a regularisation application please.

Would'nt the building inspector need to see the rsj in situ? If so he'll have take plasterboard off and possibly bricks out i would expect. All of which would then need repairing.

I'd go for the indeminity insurance if i was you.