Wath upon Dearne as a place to live

Hi there. I'm considering moving to wath but I'm no expert on the area, in fact I know little or nothing about it so I just wonderred what people thoughts or opinions were. I've seen a couple round the park Road area and wondered what is was like round there. Thank you!

Lively little place, good Folk music festival in Summer. Pleasant town centre with couple of decent pubs. Best curry house in South Yorkshire.

Lively little place, good Folk music festival in Summer. Pleasant town centre with couple of decent pubs. Best curry house in South Yorkshire.

Please elaborate.

Someone mentioned the Great Bear estate. Any ideas what that is like and where it is?

Problem is with Rotherham is its full of Rotherham folk ! ;)

Please elaborate.

Cafe Naaz is the best curry house in South Yorkshire, keep your Sheffield town centre Ecclesall Road etc. The best is in Wath.

---------- Post added 09-03-2016 at 15:11 ----------

Someone mentioned the Great Bear estate. Any ideas what that is like and where it is?

Its the White Bear Estate, Im not telling you were it is, as you dont need to go there. No one needs to go there. Its as rough as a bears arse as its name implies.

I drive through it virtually every day (I work around the Manvers area) & often call into the centre - post office, Tesco, Yorkshire bank...

while I do agree Café Naaz is a good curry, I wouldn't say it's the best in the county!

funny place Wath, not going to explain what I mean by that on a public forum, it's like anywhere really, it's got its good & bad places & people, but given the option of remaining in Chapeltown or moving to Wath, I'd definitely remain in Chap!

read into that what you will