Housing history

How would i go about finding a tenant's housing history.

I'm trying to help my mother inn law find the exact dates when she moved in and out of her previous addresses.

Iv'e contacted the council but they don't have some of her tenancy history, because their history of her doesn't go back that far (apparently).

She has proof that she has lived in previous addresses but she's been asked the exact dates when she moved in and out of them by the council.

How would i find these if the council don't have them ?

I find it rather bizarre that the council don't have some of her tenancy history.

Thanks

The electoral role. You use to be able to access it at the central library,

don't know if this is still the case. Good luck.

The electoral role. You use to be able to access it at the central library,

don't know if this is still the case. Good luck.

Any library but data might not be precise enough for exact dates.

Bank might hold address history, worth asking.

Energy and gas suppliers as well.

I am also having the same problem.i have been a tenant for40plus years transferring to an housing association some 15 years ago. I am also trying to get my previous history and have tried numerous departments and have also been told I don't exist on the councils system and I need the information. I am going to try the council tax people as they have told me they can find me from the previous addresses.and also the electoral roll. I also can't believe the council don't archive this type of information as when you enquire they just want to pass you on