Live Music Act, please say it aint so.

Do you live in the town centre?

I used to Live in Sheffield Town Centre where there were no such problems for me. I now live in Rotherham Town centre. I really wouldn't recommend it.

If you think that posts telling people to go **** themselves are suitable for a family friendly forum then you need to go and read our rules again.

To answer the OP, it sounds like you're stuck with it, if those licensing rules are current. Sorry to hear that, I know it must be very hard to have your windows open or be in your own garden if you can't hear your own music over someone else's.

I edited that out myself. The rest of the posts were valid and were deleted for what reason?

of course it matters who was there first. people like you are what's killing live music. if you don't want "nuisance" from a music venue, don't choose to live in the vicinity and then complain :loopy:

apologies, just seen that you said you lived there first. if that's the case, then yes, i would support your complaint. i certainly wouldn't want a live music venue springing up next door to my house

Edited by paranoid

of course it matters who was there first. people like you are what's killing live music. if you don't want "nuisance" from a music venue, don't choose to live in the vicinity and then complain :loopy:

apologies, just seen that you said you lived there first. if that's the case, then yes, i would support your complaint. i certainly wouldn't want a live music venue springing up next door to my house

What you say makes sense. I was listening to something on the radio a few weeks ago, talking about the rules having changed recently though.

So even if a venue (a funfair for example) had been operating for decades, a developer could come along, build some houses right next door, and the existing venue might have to curtail their operations, even though the new house-owners would know damned well they'd bought a house next door to a funfair.

Regardless of whether or not the venue was there first, the venue should be suitable for its use, it should not cause nuisance to nearby residences.

to make sure i'm understanding you properly, let's take this example...

a working mens club has been in a village for 100 years hosting live entertainment. the music can be heard outside the concert room for a distance of approximately 50 yards. someone moves in to a house within 50 yards of the concert room. is it acceptable for that person to complain about the noise being a nuisance?

if you think the answer is "yes", then i'm afraid you're deluded