Born naughty, Channel four

Episode 1 Thursday channel four 8pm.

Pathological avoidance syndrome, I believe is the diagnosis of Honey, in episode 1, on the autistic spectrum.

I feel it might be good TV, some people think these diagnoses are invented, why not watch it.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pathological_demand_avoidance

I looked at the link and immediately thought "slow learner", why do we need all these

made up fancy conditions that mean one thing.

Well, one reason why they are specified rather than just put down as 'slow learner' is because if you get the learning conditions right for some (if not most) of these children they are really not slow at all and can sometimes be truly talented and gifted in some fields.

If you label anybody who doesn't fit into the standard learning model as a 'slow learner' then you're just putting them all on the educational scrap heap and there is LOTS of evidence that many of them don't need to be there.

If you label anybody who doesn't fit into the standard learning model as a 'slow learner' then you're just putting them all on the educational scrap heap and there is LOTS of evidence that many of them don't need to be there.

The show is focusing on how difficult it is to get your child statemented, and are they naughty or ill/different.