Right to buy taking a long time

howdy,we are in the process of buying our council house but it seems to be taking a long time,applied in may.Was wondering if anyone on here had bought theres and how long it took from start to finish?

thanks for the info guys.We've already got a solicitor and they said that they had requested the deeds,this was nearly a month ago.Should i do the RTB6 form or is this for the solicitor to do?

thanks for the info guys.We've already got a solicitor and they said that they had requested the deeds,this was nearly a month ago.Should i do the RTB6 form or is this for the solicitor to do?

Ask your solicitor to do it. I usually allow about four weeks (from acceptance of s.125 details) before serving it.

My home took 10 months from the time off applying till the house was mine, then another 6 weeks before I got the deeds.

I had roughly the same as punkin. While waiting, ie still a tenant paying rent, I reported a broken light fitting. The woman I spoke to refused to do the repair as I was in process of buying. I had to get my councillor involved to get the very simple repair done.

I can't believe there is any good reason for the long delay before completion.

Finally heard some news saying it should take only a few weeks.Cant believe it takes the council so long.

My home took 10 months from the time off applying till the house was mine, then another 6 weeks before I got the deeds.

I had roughly the same as punkin. While waiting, ie still a tenant paying rent, I reported a broken light fitting. The woman I spoke to refused to do the repair as I was in process of buying. I had to get my councillor involved to get the very simple repair done.

I can't believe there is any good reason for the long delay before completion.

Finally heard some news saying it should take only a few weeks.Cant believe it takes the council so long.

It shouldn't! But it often does unless you serve an RTB6.

I am having issues aswell

I am having issues as well

So get that RTB6 served.

Or, if that's inapplicable, what's the problem in your transaction?