Heart fm repeat the same tunes all day long

heart fm playing same songs all the time, what do you think?

Capital are the same, in the early mornings they are anyway. They have a small handful of popular songs, probably the top ten, and just play them on a loop. We have the radio on at my work for about five hours before we open, during which time yesterday I must have listened to Shake It Off by Taylor Swift about 15 times.

heart fm playing same songs all the time, what do you think?

stop listening to it :thumbsup:. Dont most radio stations play the same songs all day anyway?

Capital are the same, in the early mornings they are anyway. They have a small handful of popular songs, probably the top ten, and just play them on a loop. We have the radio on at my work for about five hours before we open, during which time yesterday I must have listened to Shake It Off by Taylor Swift about 15 times.

I like that one. :)

But, yes, most commercial stations play the same 20 songs.

stop listening to commercial radio. :loopy:

Spare a thought for the "professional" drivers of this world who are crammed into cars, vans and lorries for up to 8-12 hours a day. A few CDs aren't going to last long so you are reliant on stations you can actually receive in type vehicle you are in which in most cases rules out most DAB stations - mores the pity!!!

The tv advert doesn't exactly encourage you to listen to it. I was sick of hearing that record 'Lady' on Hallam FM years ago.

Theres always Radio 2 or 4 to bounce between

Indeed. One advantage of digital and FM radio is pre-selected stations so you can quickly change over.

I flick between radios 2, 3 and 4, Magic, Classic FM and Smooth (and Absolute 80s).

One thing I cannot do is stay with the same station throughout the entire day.

I would sooner have silence than suffer Hallam FM.

Do the record companies pay the radio stations to put their songs on the play list, meaning that the radio station has to play a song a set number of times per day?

Spare a thought for the "professional" drivers of this world who are crammed into cars, vans and lorries for up to 8-12 hours a day. A few CDs aren't going to last long so you are reliant on stations you can actually receive in type vehicle you are in which in most cases rules out most DAB stations - mores the pity!!!

Why don't you tune in to the talk radio phone-in shows, and learn something at the same time? I get sick and tired of all the adverts these days so I listen to radio 4. It's the same with TV, there are more & more adverts on, especially during Downton Abbey & X Factor. Ten minutes in and there's an advert, we're getting more and more like the USA everyday.