Lost polecat ferret *Home*

Has anyone seen or found a polecat/ ferret she went missing around the 17.10.14 woodthorpe area sheffield. I have put her on the missing register on rspca but no joy =( she is brown/ black/ cream with a silvery head. Terrible weather we have had I'm really worried about her, please check sheds and small areas on gardens. I have left food out for her and roamed the streets looking for her please if anyone has seen one or handed one in please get in touch thanks.

sorry to hear about your pet, I was watching a tv about pets in the home this included ferrets. one of the things it showed was that if a female doesn't breed for 2 years they give up and die, it's something in the gene's that makes them do this she might have gone walk about to try and find a male to get to mate with

Sorry but that's absolute rubbish.

Ferrets follow their noses. If there's a more interesting or new smell round the corner they'll go to it. They're curious to the point of being suicidal sometimes, this is why they get lost when they're loose.

Female ferrets do get sickly if not brought out of season but they don't just give up and die or go off to find males.

EDIT: Apologies. This is a lost ferret thread. Hope she turns up

Edited by Notreve

She has been neutered as I have a male pole cat/ ferret, he escaped with her as the neighbour saw them both on her garden but the male returned to his hutch, she on the other hand decided to leave home.

Hi moonbird still no news =( I'm still looking for her, thers a field behind us and if she's gone that way I don't think she'll be coming back

FOUND :) she was found today in the neighbours garden round his Avery thank you for all your concerns.