Bicarb-odor neutraliser

Hi,

I dont want to use wet sprays. I know bicarb (the kind you can put in cooking) is a great way to sprinkle on to carpets and gets rid of doggy smells. However morrisons only sell tiny tubs of it in the cooking section which works out so expensive.

Where can i get a big box of it from? Thanks

You can buy it in bulk on Ebay.

I would rather get it from a shop, but thanks

Lembas is a wholesaler of veggie and vegan foods in Meersbrook. They sell kilos of it for very cheap (can't remember exactly how much but under a tenner). You could give them a ring or pop in.

Do you really think that deodorises carpets mate?

Do you really think that deodorises carpets mate?

It does. Ive used it before and its never failed. In between a big annual clean. Once you started cleaning carpets though they constantly need doing!

Not if cleaned properly mate. If not done professionally your right it will cause quick resoiling. If bi carb works then great, nice cheap solution

Makro sell large tubs of bicarbonate of soda - they are approximately 500g IIRC. However, professional cleaning seems to be a much better option because it gets rid of the dirt and smell. All you are doing with this is masking the odour and filling up the carpet fibres with powder, which is not good for it. The odour is caused by dirt, grease, hair, skin cells etc and masking that is a bit like applying antiperspirant without having a wash first. It's always best to clean things properly and thoroughly. Perhaps bathing the dog a bit more often might help. Alternatively, maybe consider changing to a solid floor?

Edited by Jomie

Makro sell large tubs of bicarbonate of soda - they are approximately 500g IIRC. However, professional cleaning seems to be a much better option because it gets rid of the dirt and smell. All you are doing with this is masking the odour and filling up the carpet fibres with powder, which is not good for it. The odour is caused by dirt, grease, hair, skin cells etc and masking that is a bit like applying antiperspirant without having a wash first. It's always best to clean things properly and thoroughly. Perhaps bathing the dog a bit more often might help. Alternatively, maybe consider changing to a solid floor?

A neutraliser shouldnt mask smells it should neutralise them.

That may be but it doesn't eliminate the cause of those smells which is usually bacteria, dirt, grease, hairs and goodness knows what else. If you are happy to neutralise them but not get rid of the cause then OK but the muck is still there and not doing an awful lot of good for people or the carpet.

That may be but it doesn't eliminate the cause of those smells which is usually bacteria, dirt, grease, hairs and goodness knows what else. If you are happy to neutralise them but not get rid of the cause then OK but the muck is still there and not doing an awful lot of good for people or the carpet.

My house isnt 'mucky' thank you.

I cant eliminate my dogs LOL. What I do is clean my carpets once-twice ayear and the rest use odor neutralisers. I dont have a smelly house and i hoover everydaye.