Rspca are a waste of time

do the rspca ,ever do any think ,I reported to them 4 times ,and still nothing gets done ,same things still going on ,animals still living in bad conditions ,they just got another dog to breed with when the other one died having pups ,cats still having kittens every season ,rspca say they cant do anythink ,rant over :rant:

Sadly it's not actually illegal to randomly let cats breed (although it should be!)

I do believe you now need a license to breed dogs to sell for profit regardless of how many litters are produced a year, so possibly try contacting the dog warden or council and reporting them for not being licensed to breed?

Are they on benefits? You could try shopping them if they're selling puppies as well.

I suspect the RSPCA is like the council, the NHS and most other orgaisations these days - overwhelmed with demand for their services and under staffed

No idea if its true but would expect the RSPCE do some sort of prioritisation/triage on their calls - can imagine it is annoying to "do the right thing" and be ignored though

The government announced new legislation on breeding dogs a little while ago, no idea if/when it will take affect

https://www.gov.uk/government/news/tougher-dog-breeding-licence-controls-to-protect-puppies

As to benefits etc, if these folks are "carrying on a business" they will be expected to pay business rates (and I think planning permission for use of premises). Not sure, but suspect they also need permission of the landlord to "carry on a business" if they dont own the property

Edited by Skink

Get in touch with the Council Animal Welfare they are based at Handsworth..