Whitby Road School Darnall Sheffield

DID ANYONE GO TO WHITBY RD SCHOOL.

REMEMBER ANY OF TEACHERS NAMES I STARTED THERE IN 1965

I THINK IT WAS MISS COCKAIN HEADTEACHER, MRS MUSTARD

WHEN WE WENT TO THE JUNIORS IT WAS MR SAXSON HEAD,A MR GARNER CAN ANYONE REMEMBER MR ELLIS WHO WAS ALWAYS PICKING HIS NOSE AND FLICKING IT AND NOT FORGETING SAMMY THE SLIPPER WHO EVERYONE MET WITHIN THE FIRST WEEK... LOOK FORWARD FROM HEARING FOM YOU:D :hihi:

jacklev1,

using capital letters is regarded as shouting , I don't think it will be appreciated on the Sheffield Forum

deecee

So sorry deecee and sheffield forum readers for shouting .

Was you a teacher by any chance ?::thumbsup:

Yes, Jacklev1

I remember all them and more, we lived on Nightingale street and my whole family went there, my mother was a dinner lady for a while as well.

Pity about it now!

I went there, started in 1961. I had all those teachers except bogey flicker, but had him for the rounders team coach. I was head girl in 67. I loved that school. I was in the Hamptons team Go yellows!!!!

yes I went to Whitby Road 68/69 Mr Ellis was there think he took us for french,I can remember Mr Brindley & Mrs Southgate.

The headteacher then was Mr Spooner, loved rounders was captain for Hadfields which was green.

Used to live on main rd in Gt news shop next door to goddards fruit shop

Ali

The headteacher for the infants in the 1970 s was a miss cocking i believe she is still alive and well although in her 90 s. A Mrs altass was deputy but died soon after her retirement. Several headteachers have come and gone, some nice some not so nice!!!

I went to Whitby Road Infants and then to the Annexe on Darnall Road at Junior level. Remember Miss Gebhard and Miss Bowy (don't know if the spelling's right) who was a bit of a one for throwing the blackboard cleaner!! Happy days!

DID ANYONE GO TO WHITBY RD SCHOOL.

REMEMBER ANY OF TEACHERS NAMES I STARTED THERE IN 1965

I THINK IT WAS MISS COCKAIN HEADTEACHER, MRS MUSTARD

WHEN WE WENT TO THE JUNIORS IT WAS MR SAXSON HEAD,A MR GARNER CAN ANYONE REMEMBER MR ELLIS WHO WAS ALWAYS PICKING HIS NOSE AND FLICKING IT AND NOT FORGETING SAMMY THE SLIPPER WHO EVERYONE MET WITHIN THE FIRST WEEK... LOOK FORWARD FROM HEARING FOM YOU:D :hihi:

yes, I went to Whitby Road from 1947-1952 in the infants I remember Miss Bee, Mrs Grafton and the head Miss Gebbard what a tyrant! in the juniors @ the annex I remember Miss Nicholson who became Mrs Longden,and again in the seniors,Miss Barber and Miss Sarson who was wonderful,Miss Clarke was the head.The boys were upstairs and the head was Mr Saxton. Does anyone recall the shower block with carbolic soap!!!

I went to Whitby Road infants and the juniors annexe from 1953-60.I remember Miss Cocking,who I believe had just started in '53,Mrs Smith and Mrs Grafton from the infants,and Mr Saxon,Mr Clarke,Mr Gregory and the finest teacher I ever met,Mr R A Cox.

I was there in 60-61 but only for about a year.I do remeber some of the names above.

yes, I went to Whitby Road from 1947-1952 & '56-58,in the infants I remember Miss Bee, Mrs Grafton and the head Miss Gebbard what a tyrant! in the juniors @ the annex I remember Miss Nicholson who became Mrs Longden,and again in the seniors,Miss Bailey and Miss Sarson who was wonderful,Miss Clarke was the head.The boys were upstairs and the head was Mr Saxton. Does anyone recall the shower block with carbolic soap!!!

I remember Miss Bee and Miss Gebbard also Mrs. Mustell I think. Miss Nicholson used to take music and I actually sang with the choir at her wedding and Firth Park Methodist Church!