Greatest Living Yorkshireman (or Woman)

Who is it?

David Cameron suggested it was William Hague, I'd have to disagree.

My pick would be Sir Geoffrey Boycott. :)

Regards

Doom

Mine would be the owner of the Le Chambre. :hihi:

Toss up between Alan Bennett, Anthony Gormley, David Hockney, Alex Turner, Jess Ennis, Geoff Boycott and Kevin Keegan. Take your pick I'd say.

Toss up between Alan Bennett, Anthony Gormley, David Hockney, Alex Turner, Jess Ennis, Geoff Boycott and Kevin Keegan. Take your pick I'd say.

I'm showing some serious ignorance here, but I've never heard of Anthony Gormley or David Hockney. :blush:

Regards

Doom

It would have to be someone like William Wilberforce or Captain Cook for me. These chaps really did make a difference, which is what makes a person great in my opinion.

It would have to be someone like William Wilberforce or Captain Cook for me. These chaps really did make a difference, which is what makes a person great in my opinion.

Are they still alive? :hihi:

Regards

Doom

Are they still alive? :hihi:

Regards

Doom

Even in death, they are still greater than most of the current lot, including Hague :D

Even in death, they are still greater than most of the current lot, including Hague :D
:clap::clap::clap::clap:

I'm showing some serious ignorance here, but I've never heard of Anthony Gormley or David Hockney. :blush:

Regards

Doom

Gormley is the guy behind the Angel of the North and Another Place out at Liverpool.

Hockney is generally regarded (awaits whining rebuttals:|) as one of, if not the UK's greatest living artist.

*Incidentally the correct answer Lord Sir David Hirst.