Brilliant speech by Cameron

Guest sibon
You work in the technology industry. Of course you are told to use your own product.

I work in the legal industry. My meetings HAVE to be face to face. You cant visit clients in hospital, attend courts, attend site inspections over the internet.

Despite what many people spout. Online is not the answer to everything. Some things are still better face to face. Im sure many people in other industries will think the same.

My work is probably as intensely personal as it gets, excluding the medical profession.

There is still a large part of it that could be done online. Probably more effectively than face to face. It just takes someone with the vision to reform things. There must be scope to reduce travel in all jobs nowadays.

That said, I can't conceive of the day when all of my work was done over the internet.

A decent speech consisting of the usual hot air, I'm amazed that people still fall for this garbage, they hardly stick to any of the pledges they make and the eventual manifesto is not worth the paper its written on, wise up for gods sake!!!

Not sure about that.

The wild card is whether UKIP will hit them, or Labour hardest.

that has got to be a joke. UKIP will take votes off Labour but mostly in safe Labour seats, seats which Labour won't lose. But UKIP can damage the Tories in more marginal Tory seats. UKIP will damage the Tories in this election more than they will Labour for sure.

Guest sibon

I reckon they'll get a majority. The wild card is whether UKIP will hit them, or Labour hardest.

I think that Cameron's fear of UKIP is pretty evident.

UKIP might nick a few votes from Labour in Rotherham and Grimsby. They are a far bigger threat to the Tories though.

Another hung parliament beckons. Who knows how that will pan out.

Didn't Gordon Brown say he had put an end to boom and bust. How did that one go?

Brown was half right he certainly saw to it that Boom came to an end.

If I hired a tradesman to do something in my home and he did a bad job of it, and it took forever to put right I would never use him again.

So why on earth would I ever want labour back in after there last fiasco, plunged us into debt, mis-managed assets, blatently lied to us and got us into an illegal war to curry favour for blair with the US. And to make matters worse milliband would be pm.

If it wasn't all true I'd laugh.

Guest sibon

If it wasn't all true I'd laugh.

Pyramids.

You claim you know about truth.

Laugh?

Don't mind if I do.

Absolutely stunning performance by Dave this afternoon. Unchallengeable on NHS, immigration, and particularly economy. No tax on earnings less than £12,500, top rate now £50,000. 100,000 new homes not available for purchase by speculators, Just first time buyers aged under 40.

Bottom Line? Any vote for UKIP is a vote for Labour.

Daves the boy, Vote for Dave.

We don't need to have blind faith in his soundbytes. We've had the proof of the pudding for the last four years and frankly it's abhorrent to anyone with a shred of common decency.

We don't need to have blind faith in his soundbytes. We've had the proof of the pudding for the last four years and frankly it's abhorrent to anyone with a shred of common decency.

You mean putting the economy in the black by 2015, when it's actually got worse? Borrowing is up and the deficit has widened, living standards have fallen to an all time low since records begain and people are being persecuted by and large through no fault of their own. What was it the other day? "David Cameron promises seven-day GP access by 2020" http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-politics-29415929 Well, that didn't last lond did it? "Over 500 GP practices 'risk closure over ageing workforce'" http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/health-29440139

This is what he really meant..

I wouldn't trust the man- he made £billions of cuts to NHS when he said he wouldn't

No he did not.

---------- Post added 02-10-2014 at 09:36 ----------

Nothing about forcing big corporations to pay the full amount of tax that they should?

Nothing about scrapping trident?

Nothing about scrapping the pointless, destructive, over expensive HS2 plans?

Nothing about stopping cuts to the fire service and NHS? Vital services that we need and pay our tax for?

What a useless bunch of tallywackers!

Trident is essential if we want to retain our international influence in the word.

HS2 will reinvigorate our economy and provide at least 18,000 people with engineering jobs.

The Fire Service needs radical overhaul Labour were frightened to do it, at last someone with the guts to sort the mess out is doing so.

The NHS is ring fenced, don't tell lies to support your dead in the water ideology.

---------- Post added 02-10-2014 at 09:39 ----------

What utter nonsense, the Labour party lied and "spun" from the moment they got in. The only way Blair kept power was by stealing Tory policies. When it comes to "common decency" tell that to the widows and orphans created by your "decent" Labour government in Iraq and Afghanistan.

Add to that Stafford and the disgusting way the NHS was mismanaged, and don't get me started on the economy.

No he did not.

---------- Post added 02-10-2014 at 09:36 ----------

Trident is essential if we want to retain our international influence in the word.

HS2 will reinvigorate our economy and provide at least 18,000 people with engineering jobs.

The Fire Service needs radical overhaul Labour were frightened to do it, at last someone with the guts to sort the mess out is doing so.

The NHS is ring fenced, don't tell lies to support your dead in the water ideology.

Trident is not essential and no argument by anyone on the left, right or down the middle can convince me otherwise. I don't give a monkeys about our global influence.

Same goes for HS2. It's a con and it's ripping a hole through killamarsh where my family live. We don't want to be closer to that hole in the south!

The fire service and the NHS are being attacked almost on a daily basis by the government. The more funding they receive, the better. They save lives!

He said "nothing comes easy". Cameron is a bloke with a heiress wife and a dad who got him a £90k job.

He sounded a bit rough on Radio 4's Today programme this morning. I suspect he had a late night with his Tory chums.

Its this type of inverted snobbery I cant stand, he is rich therefore he is bad. So what if his wife inherited money, so what if he went to Eton (his Foreign secretary went to (Wath on Dearne Comp). Why is it so important to you envious inverted snobs?

---------- Post added 02-10-2014 at 09:46 ----------

Trident is not essential and no argument by anyone on the left, right or down the middle can convince me otherwise. I don't give a monkeys about our global influence.

Same goes for HS2. It's a con and it's ripping a hole through killamarsh where my family live. We don't want to be closer to that hole in the south!

The fire service and the NHS are being attacked almost on a daily basis by the government. The more funding they receive, the better. They save lives!

Well at Stafford and elsewhere the NHS cost lives, and although I have respect for firemen, lets face it their whole package is farcical compared to normal remuneration packages.

Regarding the devastation of Killamarsh, I share your pain, it reminds me of the thousand bomber raid on Mexborough, where the Luftwaffe caused nearly £3 of damage.