Best place to stay in Crete

Great, thanks.

Where did you stay mjw47 ? Just looking for basic S/C really, a pool would be nice but is not essential. I will look at Ag Nik too. You must love it if you have been so often!

What are the food prices like? It seems to have quite a few expensive hotels. Are the tavernas still reasonably priced?

It's about five years since we last went there and we stayed on each occasion in the Minos Beach Art Hotel.

It's not cheap, David Hemmings was there at the same time as us on one occasion.

We now prefer to go on more frequent cheaper holidays. :)

Had ten days in Bodrum half board in June, and it cost only a little more for two of us for ten days, as it costs for one for seven days in October at the Minos Beach.

I believe there are some good self catering apartments in Ag Nik.

Also, on one holiday we hired a car and went to spend the day in Chania which is bigger than Ag Nik but was somewhere we said we'd look at in the future.

Thanks for all the advice everyone. Booked Agios Nikolaos.

Had a nightmare with Teletext holidays, they used to be really good. Tried to book a £220 holiday, by the time they added transfers and a bag on it went up to £350! Robbing dogs! Then looked at oothers but the flights had gone.

Ended up getting the last room in the place I wanted to stay with Jet2. A few days later but £185 quid all in. Fights, accommodation, transfers, 20kg hold and 10kg hand luggage. Reet good!

This calls for a banana

:banana:

Thanks for all the advice everyone.

Had a nightmare with Teletext holidays, they used to be really good. Tried to book a £220 holiday, by the time they added transfers and a bag on it went up to £350! Robbing dogs! Then looked at oothers but the flights had gone.

Ended up getting the last room in the place I wanted to stay with Jet2. A few days later but £185 quid all in. Fights, accommodation, transfers, 20kg hold and 10kg hand luggage. Reet good!

This calls for a banana

:banana:

Have a good one.

Let us know how you got on when you get back.

Not sure about the fight, but everyone to their own I always say. :D

What first attracted you to the 185quid holiday with Jet2?! Haha, well they can't be any worse than Monarch!

Edited by neeeeeeeeeek