Dap dog collars

Hi. I have a lovely little dog, who suffers terribly with separation anxiety, he isnt destructive, just wines, barks and works himself into a real lather. I bought a thunder shirt for him recently, i havent noticed any difference unfortunately. I am now thinking about buying a dap collar and praying it will work. Does anybody have any expsrience of these collars or have any other good ideas to help him. Thankyou

I used to have a retired greyhound who was terrified of all sorts of things, including crowds, children, balls, carrier bags, bus stops, people of minority ethnic groups, umbrellas, hats, sunglasses... I could go on. We had a fantastic effect using DAP collars with her and used them to manage to take her to the coast a few times. The difference was really noticeable and she was so much calmer.

However, on the flip side, one of my current hounds is terrified of thunder and fireworks; we've tried a DAP collar with him during the firework season to no effect. I suppose my advice based on this anecdotal evidence would be to give it a whirl as, apart from a few quid, you've nothing to lose.

Good luck, and I hope it works for you

Thank you for your reply. I am going to buy one today. That was my theory too, I've got nothing to lose and hopefully a lot to gain, fingers crossed.

My mum has an elderly terrier thats started getting a bit upset at night and in the car, the Vet recommended an Adaptil spray.

The Vet was selling them for around £30 but I ordered one from Animed Direct for just over £16.

It has made a difference, hes definitely a lot more settled now. Ive since ordered them a collar for around the same price, for use in the car, but theyve not used it yet because they only last for 4 weeks.

Thank you, I bought the collar and no change as of yet, but need to persevere. I was thinking about the diffuser/spray. I also saw the other web sites, but was wanting the collar asap. Seeing as you bought off the internet safely, I shall take a look at that site now too. thanks .