Does anyone know of any kittens looking for a home?

Asking on behalf of a friend who's wanting a kitten, not wanting a breed Just a normal moggy.

Preferably gray, tabby or ginger and female (my friends daughter already has a name picked and pink food bowls etc)

Happy to wait if the litter is young are even if not been born yet.

Thanks

All the rescue centres are usually over run with kittens, granted they will charge to make sure they go to good homes but while cats are much cheaper than dogs they still cost to keep with such things as injections, vet care etc. I took on my neighbours cat when she left and then found out he had health issues including a heart murmur but he is worth every penny but he cost me about £200 in vets fees. I now have Healthcare on him, which is not insurance as such as he can't get that with pre existing problems but it covers vaccinations, flea and worm treatment etc

The kitten will be going to a fantastic home, she's tried rescues and because she has a 2year old she can't adopt? ! The constant let downs are upsetting her 8 year old daughter. Which is why she's looking outside of a rescue.

There are quite a few advertised on gumtree for free .

I may know someone but I think hers are black ones that's all I know ,if you are interested I will ask for her number for you.

A male cat will eat out of a pink bowl. It won't even mind if she gives it a female name.

A male cat will eat out of a pink bowl. It won't even mind if she gives it a female name.

Obviously but an 8 year old autistic child doesn't see things as simple as most people.

---------- Post added 23-03-2015 at 22:34 ----------

I may know someone but I think hers are black ones that's all I know ,if you are interested I will ask for her number for you.

I'll ask if she'd consider a black one :)

---------- Post added 23-03-2015 at 22:35 ----------

There are quite a few advertised on gumtree for free .

Do you really expect a child to check a cats genitals? Just tell the child its a female cat. Once it has been neutered its hard to tell anyway. My cat was neutered around six months sold. Its really difficult to see the skin where its testicles should be unless you lay the cat on its back and look very closely. They are like two empty squashed peas. I would be very worried if an eight year old would be wanting to examine that closely.

Chez leave it. if they want a female let them have a female.

its best to tell the child the truth from the start, especially with her being autistic, she wont be 8yrs old forever and when she gets older she will find out one way or another that if the cat is male or female, she could hear it from someone talking about the cat etc. and if she finds out that people have been lying to her it will really hurt and can damage the child mentally again especially with her being autistic.

Do you really expect a child to check a cats genitals? Just tell the child its a female cat. Once it has been neutered its hard to tell anyway. My cat was neutered around six months sold. Its really difficult to see the skin where its testicles should be unless you lay the cat on its back and look very closely. They are like two empty squashed peas. I would be very worried if an eight year old would be wanting to examine that closely.

I fail to see why if my friend gets a male or female cat is an issue for you :loopy:

She will know, what about vet trips if the vet mentions that it's actually a boy not a girl?! Let's face it with a girls name pink collar etc its highly possible it could get mentioned.

---------- Post added 24-03-2015 at 19:46 ----------

Chez leave it. if they want a female let them have a female.

its best to tell the child the truth from the start, especially with her being autistic, she wont be 8yrs old forever and when she gets older she will find out one way or another that if the cat is male or female, she could hear it from someone talking about the cat etc. and if she finds out that people have been lying to her it will really hurt and can damage the child mentally again especially with her being autistic.

Some people like to try and course trouble, chez is a fine example.

Don't think Chez was intending to cause trouble, she was giving you options to pass on to your friend and TBH if the rescue centres have concerns then maybe you should take this on board. Cats live a long time, one of mine is 19, it's a big commitment

Don't think Chez was intending to cause trouble, she was giving you options to pass on to your friend and TBH if the rescue centres have concerns then maybe you should take this on board. Cats live a long time, one of mine is 19, it's a big commitment

My friend knows exactly what a commitment a cat is she had one that sadly died just before Christmas due to old age which has had a knock on effect to her 8 year old which is why she's said her daughter can pick a kitten of her own.

Also the reason the rescues have said no was down to her 2 year old been under 5, regardless of the fact my friend would not let the 2 year old hurt or miss treat the cat in anyway or the fact that the 2 year old is very good with them and doesn't pull them about etc.

The sheer fact my friends happy to wait if the kittens are not even born yet is an indication that this is not a spare of the moment kitten nor one that's she's going to rush into getting just for a kitten.