What's the cheapest way to travel from Sheffield to Derby?

Actually, hitch-hiking is the cheapest way. Just hold up a big sign, and eventually someone will pick you up. Good luck!

Would you honestly do that? :loopy:

Check National Express's fare first!

Every NX service from Sheffield towards Birmingham stops at Derby!

I don't think a single fare could cost more than £10!

Why not?

It's the way I used to get all around the country when I was a student with no job or car.

Why has Hitching disappeared these days, its ages since I've seen anyone - at one point you had to wait at some junctions for the person who was stood there before you

Why not?

It's the way I used to get all around the country when I was a student with no job or car.

Why has Hitching disappeared these days, its ages since I've seen anyone - at one point you had to wait at some junctions for the person who was stood there before you

You must be mad to get into a car with a stranger these days, you don't know them and you don't know what they're up to. Forget all that 'human kindness' bull**** in the 21st century.

Every man for himself!

National Express

Single fare: £4.60

Sheffield - Derby

Departing at 0740 arriving at 0905

Departing at 0940 arriving at 1050

Departing at 1155 arriving at 1305

Departing at 1540 arriving at 1650

Departing at 1835 arriving at 1940

Derby - Sheffield

Departing at 0955 arriving at 1105

Departing at 1205 arriving at 1315

Departing at 1455 arriving at 1655

Departing at 1800 arriving at 1910

Departing at 2005 arriving at 2110

Trains

Trains are every 15 minutes most of the day.

Single fare: £19 :loopy:

Edited by highflyerjak

You must be mad to get into a car with a stranger these days, you don't know them and you don't know what they're up to. Forget all that 'human kindness' bull**** in the 21st century.

Every man for himself!

How depressing. I picked up at hitch hiker in 2004. We had a nice chat about Wales (where we were), teaching (what we both did for a living in one form or another) and Denmark (where she was from). Cost me nothing as it was on my way, cost her nothing, and we both had a pleasant chat.

I will however admit that part of the reason I picked her up was because I though 'A hitch hiker? Not seen one for ages.' I've not seen many since, although you get a few in Scotland over summer.

How depressing. I picked up at hitch hiker in 2004. We had a nice chat about Wales (where we were), teaching (what we both did for a living in one form or another) and Denmark (where she was from). Cost me nothing as it was on my way, cost her nothing, and we both had a pleasant chat.

I will however admit that part of the reason I picked her up was because I though 'A hitch hiker? Not seen one for ages.' I've not seen many since, although you get a few in Scotland over summer.

It is a bit of a shame I suppose. I guess you can meet some nice people (like you did) but it's not for me! :suspect:

It's a shame really, I suppose you could meet some nice people (like you did) but I suppose it depends on who you pick up. Not for me though! :suspect:

im looking for the cheapest way of traveling from sheff to derby i do drive but is there a cheaper way might sound daft but is there a bus from sheff to derby

There is a very good train service and a less regular (and slower) National Express coach service.

The train takes 35 minutes from Sheffield to Derby and there are up to 4 trains per hour. For one off leisure journeys there are off peak fares after 9am, if you are commuting then a season ticket (week/month/year pass) is probably the best deal - check out http://www.nationalrail.co.uk for more info.

There is a very good train service and a less regular (and slower) National Express coach service.

The train takes 35 minutes from Sheffield to Derby and there are up to 4 trains per hour. For one off leisure journeys there are off peak fares after 9am, if you are commuting then a season ticket (week/month/year pass) is probably the best deal - check out http://www.nationalrail.co.uk for more info.

If you go by train do prefer the one that departs at XX:23 from Sheffield (CrossCountry Line 2) as this's a non-stop one to Derby, that the journey time is below 30mins.

The worst one is CrossCountry Line 1 (XX:54) that's the busiest among the 4 trains each hour.

Edited by 222Meridian

I would. Sounds like you're a very fearful and paranaoid individual to me.