F1 2015 Megathread

See you all next season.

It's not really been an exciting one, but there are a few good new prospects for the future.

See you all next season.

It's not really been an exciting one, but there are a few good new prospects for the future.

I've been watching the Endurance Series. With Porsche pitted against Audi and Toyota in 1000 bhp sports prototypes. In other classes there were Astons, Porsches, Ferraris, Lambos. Other classes for non hybrid prototypes. Absolutely rivetting racing in which the result was in doubt.

Absolutely fantastic, where with half an hour to go in the last race different drivers and different manufacturers were still in with a shout of taking almost every title.

As a full team, Renault will take maximum benefit from its victories

They sound optimistic then. I wonder what they have in the pipelines?

I'm not sure about the new season rules etc Bladesman, so I wonder if they have developed a decent new engine too?

I lost interest towards the end of the season.

No point blaming Mercedes for it being boring..the other teams need to step up to the plate..

Plenty blamed Red Bull for the season being boring (with some very unwarranted abuse at Vettel) before the engine change.

Plenty blamed Red Bull for the season being boring (with some very unwarranted abuse at Vettel) before the engine change.

Funny that Red Bull have now agreed a new deal with Renault for next year. All because no one else would supply them with an engine.

BBC says goodbye to F1 coverage on TV "BBC Sport is to "reluctantly" end its Formula 1 television contract three years early as part of savings across the corporation.

Channel 4 will take on the BBC's F1 broadcast rights from next season."

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-35149963

Considering how poor their coverage has been for the past couple of years, I think its good to put it out of its misery.

Bit of F1 news in case you didn't catch it:

Good:

David Coulthard is first big signing as Channel 4 begins to assemble Formula One team

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/sport/motorsport/formulaone/12094131/David-Coulthard-is-first-big-signing-as-Channel-4-begins-to-assemble-Formula-One-team.html

Bad:

Formula 1: Kevin Magnussen in for Pastor Maldonado at Renault

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/formula1/35463741

RIP: http://hasmaldonadocrashedtoday.com/take-me-back.html

I'm not really bothered to look because I don't think I'm interested in this season, but, what channels have got what?

I don't have the PPV channel, so will I see any live races?

p.s. are you going to start a new 2016 thread bladesman?

---------- Post added 15-03-2016 at 01:53 ----------

I started watching F1 youtubes after posting,

and for some reason (this by no means the best), I'm getting a little more interested in new season!

Channel 4 have taken the bbc contract, half of the races are live, the other half they have extended highlights

And they've taken on the old broadcasting team, thankfully with the exception of Suzi Perry. They've promised no adverts during the race too.