"Pubs for all you racists"

Why don't you clear things up for us by telling us your position? Are you honestly saying that you do not prejudge travellers when you encounter them and are not more wary and cautious? :suspect:

My 'position' is that people, like most animals, are wary of others whose form indicates risk. Travellers are far more likely to behave anti-socially, indulge in violence and steal. I don't give a flying turd what colour they are or what genetic genes they might share... I prejudge them based on their reputation and my experience of them. Tell me... you don't do the same?

I've spoke to a few Travellers in my line of work many years ago, they had very strong Irish accents, so I had difficulty understanding what they were saying sometimes. It worked out fine in the end.

That's it.

Why don't you clear things up for us by telling us your position? Are you honestly saying that you do not prejudge travellers when you encounter them and are not more wary and cautious? :suspect:

My 'position' is that people, like most animals, are wary of others whose form indicates risk. Travellers are far more likely to behave anti-socially, indulge in violence and steal. I don't give a flying turd what colour they are or what genes they might share... I prejudge them based on their reputation and my experience of them. Tell me... you don't do the same?

All that is just lazy stereotyping

---------- Post added 22-05-2015 at 19:30 ----------

Of course it doesn't work like that they married into the community, they could never become genuine travellers, as according to you it's not in their DNA.

Have to be honest I don't think you have clue.

You started the thing about DNA anyway, not me. Like it or not travelers are a recognised ethnic minority, have been since 2000. Some people do assimilate but it's not a common thing.

Now, where is your proof that the travelers who won compensation are faking it.

All that is just lazy stereotyping

---------- Post added 22-05-2015 at 19:30 ----------

You started the thing about DNA anyway, not me. Like it or not travelers are a recognised ethnic minority, have been since 2000. Some people do assimilate but it's not a common thing.

Now, where is your proof that the travelers who won compensation are faking it.

Post 7 and 17, you can't even remember your own posts.

The end.

The end.

Both of which were posted by me, you can't even remember who said what.

The end. :hihi:

All that is just lazy stereotyping.

That's just a lazy soundbite.

Do you deny that the traveller community has a problem with antisocial and illegal behaviour? Are you saying their reputation is not of their own making but the product of racist smears? Come now... you're only kidding yourself.

Do you deny that the traveller community has a problem with antisocial and illegal behaviour? Are you saying their reputation is not of their own making but the product of racist smears? Come now... you're only kidding yourself.

You're doing it again. Strawman.

That's exactly the kind of thing a racist would say.

Please tell me which bit of that post was racist, because after reading it a few times i can confirm NOTHING in that post was racist in any way ,shape or form.

No need to play the race card on this occasion. :)

Both of which were posted by me, you can't even remember who said what.

The end. :hihi:

Both of which were posted before I entered the thread I didn't start the DNA.

Neither did I123T but at post 87 you said that he posted posts 7 and 17.

At least that's what it looks like as you told him he couldn't remember his own posts and referred to those two.

The end.

Haha brilliant. That was somebody else who posted.

---------- Post added 22-05-2015 at 21:29 ----------

Oh dear, FFS stop digging

---------- Post added 22-05-2015 at 21:36 ----------

They don't bother me much and never have. I get more trouble from non-travellers. Much more. When I've got tens of thousands of idiots on my doorstep in this city I'm not going to fret about 60,000 or so from a minority dispersed across the entire country.

Sense of perspective is all important. Don't let prejudice blinker you.

They don't bother me much and never have. I get more trouble from non-travellers. Much more. When I've got tens of thousands of idiots on my doorstep in this city I'm not going to fret about 60,000 or so from a minority dispersed across the entire country.

Sense of perspective is all important. Don't let prejudice blinker you.

How often have you had them pitch up camp on a green near your house?

How often have you had them pitch up camp on a green near your house?

When I was in my teens they pitched up on an old coal yard near our house. Were there for about 5 weeks, came round a few times trying to sell household items and offering to do odd jobs. Then they went. It was a long hot summer and it was windows open at night. The only thing that was annoying was the sound of the generators in the early hours.

Currently I'm involved with a sports club in another county. We've got quite a spacious car park and several times a year the travellers turn up, break through the gates and stay there for a few days. Always the same crew and to be fair they're not bad people. The issue is they have literally nowhere else to go and it buys them a few days. We usually get them out after a few days basically because we need the car park for match days and they have always left without a fuss. The only problem is tidying up after but we have a great set of volunteers who always help out.

They're just people at then end of day. Most of the crime in this country is not committed by travellers. Like I said perspective is all important.