Cat run over on Bellhouse Road 21/05/15

There's a small black cat at the side of the road opposite Firth Park school entrance, it's obviously been run over and sadly hasn't made it.

I'm waiting with it until Streets ahead get here but someone before me has moved it from the road onto the pavement.

It's quite small with a sparkly silver collar on, but sadly no tag.

We've knocked on a few doors nearby but no luck.

Streets ahead have assured me they will do everything they can to trace the owner.

RIP kitty

---------- Post added 21-05-2015 at 10:20 ----------

Weve found the poor little things owner. As I was knocking on nearby doors a lovely man came and said he thought it was his neighbours.

He took it across to them and they confirmed it.

So compassionate of you Nikki-Red glad kitty's back with owners R.I.P

Good on you nikki-red. Hope the poor little pussy didn't suffer. R.I.P :cry:

Poor cat, its good of you to have helped find the owner, its a terrible road to have cats on :(

My initial intention was to take it to a vets to check for a chip, but when I saw its head injury I just couldnt bring myself to pick it up. I covered it with a bag because there were so many school children walking past.

I couldnt just leave it, it looked really young and its coat was still lovely and shiny so it was obviously someones well loved pet.

There's a small black cat at the side of the road opposite Firth Park school entrance, it's obviously been run over and sadly hasn't made it.

I'm waiting with it until Streets ahead get here but someone before me has moved it from the road onto the pavement.

It's quite small with a sparkly silver collar on, but sadly no tag.

We've knocked on a few doors nearby but no luck.

Streets ahead have assured me they will do everything they can to trace the owner.

RIP kitty

---------- Post added 21-05-2015 at 10:20 ----------

Weve found the poor little things owner. As I was knocking on nearby doors a lovely man came and said he thought it was his neighbours.

He took it across to them and they confirmed it.

Only just seen this, I was the one who moved the cat out of the road & felt for a pulse, didnt want anyone running over it, glad you found the owners, poor little thing was on my mind all day. :(

:cry: .......