The Company Shop - Tankersley

It's for NHs employee's. I go from time to time. It's supermarket foods that have near sell by dates etc Marks, Waitrose, Asda, Tesco.

It has some really good bargains and each time you go there are different things.

Ring them and ask them if you are eligible. You have to take proof of adress and a utility bill.

xx

I go from time to time. It's supermarket foods that have near sell by dates etc Marks, Waitrose, Asda, Tesco.

That's correct. We deliver it there - by the truck load.

Anything out of date goes to the pig farm - by the truck load.

I work there, you have to work for certain companies, mainly foods. You can work for NHS, Police, and lots of other things. No Stuff is out of date, if it is we have to skip it. Sundays we have in fresh fruit & veg and most days we have fresh bread, with same dates as the in shops, if it is the days date it will be discounted as 10p normally but we never sell out of date stock

I work there, you have to work for certain companies, mainly foods. You can work for NHS, Police, and lots of other things. No Stuff is out of date, if it is we have to skip it. Sundays we have in fresh fruit & veg and most days we have fresh bread, with same dates as the in shops, if it is the days date it will be discounted as 10p normally but we never sell out of date stock

Do you not still sometimes sell out of date (but extended by manufacturer) tinned stuff? It doesn't bother me, things last for years in tins :P but I remember a long time ago, tins of out of date spaghetti for about 2p each.... I must be talking over 10 yrs ago though... :D

WE always sell in date things, all of our tins is well in date anyway, only things that are close to dates is like meat and bread, they fly out anyway so that isnt a problem, most sweets and that and baby food is until nov '08.

the cards to get into this place.are like gold dust:D

arent if you work at the places which allow them cards lmfao

I used to deal with a company like this in Bradford. Manufacturers often make too much stock for their big customers such as supermarkets because they are frightened of letting them down and getting penalised or losing their contract. If the stuff is still in date they flog it wholesale to get their costs back. The one I dealt with used to sell all sorts of stuff esp M & S for fraction of price and even sold packaged airline meals.

My dad has a card, he is an ex-fireman. we used to get really cheap formula milk and babyfood in there. you can save a fortune by shopping there. the other half keeps meaning to go and get a card he works for the N.H.S .

If you can get a card its good. Its a food disposal outlet the items are reduced as they are surplus to requirements from either the manufactor or retailer. some will be rejects ie yogurs where the top is not on right the company log is in the middle of the pot. Or the yogurs is over the prescribed wieght . Very little of the items are out of date if they are they are clearly marked its a good place but you can only buy what is in ie one week they may have lots of pizas next week they wont have any if you can get a card then go for it .

Nother example bread 35p unless it expires on that day then its 10p