Traditional Chinese medicine in Sheffield?

Could anyone recommend a good, reputable TCM practitioner in Sheffield?

Thank you.....

I can very much recommend Dr Jiang too. I have consulted her many times over the years and she has sometimes helped me with conditions that the NHS were unable to.

Could anyone recommend a good, reputable TCM practitioner in Sheffield?

By reputable do you mean not a quack who thinks Rhino horn has special medicinal powers? Because I can sell you my hair and nail clippings which have exactly the same chemical composition......without the need to make animals extinct.

Chinese medicine? Do they do the hair analysis as well?

Chinese medicine promotes the killing of some of the most wonderful and endangered animals in the world.

It's a disgrace and shouldn't be allowed to be promoted here.

Suggest you check your facts Geared, there are many practitioners of Chinese Medicine who do not use any products derived from animals. Their herbal knowledge and their use of acupuncture to alleviate symptoms and provide cures are excellent.

Chinese medicine promotes the killing of some of the most wonderful and endangered animals in the world.

It's a disgrace and shouldn't be allowed to be promoted here.

They use herbs and fungi.

---------- Post added 22-12-2014 at 01:47 ----------

By reputable do you mean not a quack who thinks Rhino horn has special medicinal powers? Because I can sell you my hair and nail clippings which have exactly the same chemical composition......without the need to make animals extinct.

TCM that I'm interested in involves herbs, mushrooms and plants. No animal products.

Many western medicines use active ingredients derived from the same herbs used in TCM. It certainly is not 'quackery'.

Edited by Hawa

Many western medicines use active ingredients derived from the same herbs used in TCM. It certainly is not 'quackery'.

Well...

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Traditional_Chinese_medicine#Efficacy

- there's a lack of good quality research;

also:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Traditional_Chinese_medicine#Drug_research

"With an eye to the enormous Chinese market, pharmaceutical companies have explored the potential for creating new drugs from traditional remedies.Successful results have however been scarce."

There are a handful of examples where extracts have been used - it includes things like arsenic and ephedrine.

Wangs in Woodseats. Just opposite The Big Tree.