TV Soaps - What Rubbish We Are Served Up.

Just watched what was "Emmerdale Farm" once upon a time. I have come to the conclusion it now revolves around a couple of families and to be frank the ridiculous childish scams they pull are simply unbelievable. The Keystone Cops could detect the lunacy they apparently get away with, time after time after time. It's now just boooooooring. Or is it me that does not appreciate the show for what it is.

Angel1.

Soaps have always been absolute crap from day one. Episode two should have been enough to put anyone in their right mind off watching any more.

Can't believe I'm commenting on this.

There's no ugly people in any of the soaps, the woman look like they've spend hours in makeup even first thing in a morning or last thing at night, characters walk out of pubs without drinking their drinks, none of the characters in the soaps are believable and there's just a couple of pensioners in all the soaps, Ken Barlow. how he is still considered a heart throb is beyond me. Soaps are just pathetic.

There's no ugly people in any of the soaps, the woman look like they've spend hours in makeup even first thing in a morning or last thing at night, characters walk out of pubs without drinking their drinks, none of the characters in the soaps are believable and there's just a couple of pensioners in all the soaps, Ken Barlow. how he is still considered a heart throb is beyond me. Soaps are just pathetic.

Look at old episodes of Emmerdale, Coronation Street and Brookside if you want to see ugly gits on TV.:hihi:

The lasses work in the knickers factory on min wage and have new clobber on every 5 minutes.

I've just watched, over the past week or so, the latest series of fortitude - it was great. The posters on here watched Emerdale. Is it a choice thing? Other halfs vice like grip on the zapper? Hostage situation?

Why do people watch soaps? When you only had four or five channels I can understand but now, my word, TV has never been better!

Look at old episodes of Emmerdale, Coronation Street and Brookside if you want to see ugly gits on TV.:hihi:

Are they representative of the people you see when you go out? If so, then at least that's authentic:lol:

ive been watching corrie since first epiode, love it..but I agree its got absolutely stupid now. but I'm addicted.

I didn't say I wanted to see ugly people but that's what life is ugly and good looking people, do they kill all the ugly people in these soaps? they just don't show real life.

I didn't say I wanted to see ugly people but that's what life is ugly and good looking people, do they kill all the ugly people in these soaps? they just don't show real life.

Have you seen Chesney.

Have you seen Chesney.

What about Crissy in Emmerdale.

Anyone old enough to remember 'Crossroads' when it first started ? (I think 1964). It was set in the Birmingham area. There was a part in it 'Amy Turtle' who could not pronounce the lead actress' name "Mrs. Richardson" (Noelle Gordon) without her false teeth slipping. Every time someone opened or closed a door the scenery shook !