RIP Mannix- TV Detective

Mike Connors who played gritty private eye Joe Mannix in the late 60's and 70's passed away last night in California. He was 91. I really liked that show, I think it ran for 8 years. RIP Mike.

I recall it only for a small length of time as i wasn't around much in the 60's.

I also have vague memories of Man in a Suitcase around the same time - i think.

I recall it only for a small length of time as i wasn't around much in the 60's.

Man in a Suitcase was a few years earlier and was a British show starring an American detective, played by Richard Bradford, working in England. This show was early 60's , Mannix although started late 60's was, for the most part a 70's show, running through 1975/76, I believe.

I think I remember him from a series called Tightrope. It was shown in the UK around 1967 but was obviously made in about 1959/60. It was shown around 11pm & was quite violent for that era.

Yes, I vaguely remember Tightrope about an undercover cop, forgot that was Mike Connors, I used to think that was Jack Kelly( Maverick) in that short lived series.