Whats wath upon dearne like to live

hi, im looking for some advice, we currently live in chapletown, but we are really wanting to move, we are going to look at a property in wath (doncaster road) and no nothing of the area, bit silly i know but we need a fresh start. i just wondered if you live there or knows someone that does that could give me a few pionters about the area crime, and such like, hubby wants to move but im a bit scared as i no nothing about the area thanks in advance

Hi chemical....I currently live in Wath Upon Dearne. Although I am moving outta Wath myself to another part of Rotherham.Which part of donny road are you moving to? It depends on what kinda area you like. Wath is a lovely place to live. Is it one of the terraced houses on donny road?

Edited by missymoo73

Hi chemical....I currently live in Wath Upon Dearne. Although I am moving outta Wath myself to another part of Rotherham.Which part of donny road are you moving to? It depends on what kinda area you like. Wath is a lovely place to live. Is it one of the terraced houses on donny road?

yes it is, across from a primary school apparently xx

Yep thats actually my old primary school (Wath Victoria) Its not a bad area at all. Close to town where there are two supermarkets one is a new Netto the other is Tesco quite a few shops in the "village". A friend of mine lives on Cadman street which is just round the corner where you are thinking of moving and again its a very nice place.

If you have children then I would recommend Wath C of E school rather than Victoria and for older kids Wath Comp is one of the best school around.

If you have children then I would recommend Wath C of E school rather than Victoria and for older kids Wath Comp is one of the best school around.

whats the crime like ie, theft especially car theft, young uns (chavs) hanging around, ect ect.. xx

oh and i more question whats the transport links like, i need to get from wath to high green chap area on a daily basis and i dont drive yet x

Crime as far as I am aware is very rare. I have lived in Wath all my life and only ever had my car broken into once. There are a few chavs around but I'm sure you get those in your area too. Not really any gangs you tend to get those round the skate park which is at bottom of sandygate. There are the lakes not far from Donny Road which are beautiful to walk round.

Will you be looking for work in wath or is your work situation sorted?

Crime as far as I am aware is very rare. I have lived in Wath all my life and only ever had my car broken into once. There are a few chavs around but I'm sure you get those in your area too. Not really any gangs you tend to get those round the skate park which is at bottom of sandygate. There are the lakes not far from Donny Road which are beautiful to walk round.

Will you be looking for work in wath or is your work situation sorted?

i will be looking for work around that area too, if not wath then around sheffield then i wont be missing sheffield too much, i really dont want to leave chapletown but what hubby says....

i will be looking for work around that area too, if not wath then around sheffield then i wont be missing sheffield too much, i really dont want to leave chapletown but what hubby says....

There is a place called ventura just at the back of you which is a call centre. I worked there for 3 years - not really my thing tbh coz its a bit boring but they are always looking for staff - you get 25% off next stuff too plus there is a staff shop which is brill.

There are also other call centres around the area within walking distance from your potential house.