Old Police box locations

Right lads and lasses, feeling a bit of a sad person, so what do you think of this suggestion.

Let's make a record on here for Sheffield history of the position of as many of the old Police boxes we can remember and of course your stories in connection with them.

Chippinghouse Rd jcn Abbeydale Rd o/s Post Office

Near bottom of Sharrow Lane, just up from bank ( now restaurant ) set into wall of Sitwell House.

Rivelin Valley Rd, bottom of Hollins Lane, side of river.

Must have been dozens of them, some of you old ex coppers on here will probably locate many !

Thanks Hillsbro, can't remember those, but what lovely photos. Black and white, very atmospheric !

there was one at the side of city hall got handcuffed init on my batchelor night lol

I believe there was one on the corner of Buchanan Road and Adlington.

I've never been in one though :hihi: :hihi:

hillsborough wasnt there 1 on or near malin bridge think there was 1 on adlington also on cross

I also have a feeling that there was a police box at or near Malin Bridge but if so I can't remember where it was. I do remember one on Rivelin Valley Road at the "double bend" - it can be seen in this photo.

There was one up that little passage where the Old Bluebell was, (see the thread on Jeff Scholey), and there was one on Pitsmoor Road near the Dr Barnado's home. Actually, I've been a guest in both.

I think there used to be one in Fitzalan square, and there was also one at the corner of Pinstone Street.

was there one side of the swimming baths attercliffe and hillsborough corner

is there one still on surry street at the side of the gents wc, right at the corner?

Right lads and lasses, feeling a bit of a sad person, so what do you think of this suggestion.

Let's make a record on here for Sheffield history of the position of as many of the old Police boxes we can remember and of course your stories in connection with them.

Chippinghouse Rd jcn Abbeydale Rd o/s Post Office

Near bottom of Sharrow Lane, just up from bank ( now restaurant ) set into wall of Sitwell House.

Rivelin Valley Rd, bottom of Hollins Lane, side of river.

Must have been dozens of them, some of you old ex coppers on here will probably locate many !

London road at junction with Thirwell road