Hillsborough disaster, where were you?

i was working in the five arches public house when this happened i still remember this like yesterday ,any one on here remember this where you was this to me is an iconic moment in my life still can see it all unfold even today one of those moments in history i also remember sitting and watching the twin towers come down

I was at my dads that day, we travelled from Shalesmoor to Wadsley Bridge and thought that something w3asnt right. When we arrived and the news came on I could not beleive as a 15year old footie mad lad that this was happening.

Luckly I was not at moms that day as we lived in Hillsborugh, when I went back to mom's she was sat upset as she had let many a fan in to use the phone to contact relatives.

Its a day that will stay with me as I never saw my mom as upset as she was on that day.

I was actually in my friends bedroom (attic) on MIddlewood Road about 2 mins from ground. We heard the police/ambulances going past but didnt know what had happened and then we looked through the window and you just saw loads of people rushing past crying. Was a shocking day remember it like it was yesterday.

There is another thread on this topic.

I was in our living room 15 minutes walk from the ground watching hordes of Liverpool fans streaming past. Oh yeah that was round about 5 minutes before kick off

I was in Blackpool eating a sarnie in the car and the radio station interrupted the music with the news flash, very sad indeed

I was sitting with my daughter in the cafe in the Hillsborough precinct when some Liverpool fans came in..it had just happened and they told us that there had been a pitch invasion and that they had heard one person was dead.

Not wanting to get caught up in any fighting we went home and thought no more about it.

We switched the TV on later and were horrified as it all unfolded. Bad times.

Edited by xfox3x

I was in the back seat of our Austin Maestro on a motorway or dual carriageway on the way to our camping holiday in Bridlington. I think my parents were listening to reports on the radio.

I was swimming up and down in the old Dinnington swimming pool and was horrified to hear about on my car radio driving home

Me and my husband were decorating our front room listening to the radio. It was shocking listening to the story unfold. I was 6 months pregnant with my middle son and so I always remember the anniversary. :(

Aged 16 on a bus stuck in traffic right outside the ground with no idea of the tragedy that was at that moment unfolding inside, just saw some very distressed and traumatised people and a lot of emergency services going past - the driver had only been told there was an 'incident' and to keep people on the bus - of course this was in the days before everyone had mobile phones, so only found out the full extent of what had happened when I got to where I was going a couple of hours later - I will never ever forget the looks on those peoples faces outside the ground that day - that look of absolute devastation and incomprehension will always stay with me.