Viner's Clarence Street

Anyone out there work at Viner's in the 60s

I worked there for about 8 months late 60's - early 70's in the despatch / packing dept.

There was the power cuts on at the time, one minute the workforce would be working as normal, the next minute the lights would go out and the conveyor belt would stop.

Use to go to the nearby Dominoe Public House for our lunch.

My Mum worked there in the 60`s. In the offices

I worked in the Cost Dept. Remember a great pie shop opposite where we used to get a hot pie and eat it in the Broomhall Tavern with a pint. Some people there at the time included Wilf Reaney, Ernest Stanton, Reg Guest, Dave Allen( of Owls & dance band fame), and those unfathomable Comptometer machines.

My father in law (now decd) worked there. He was a tool maker. Name Tom Winter

Hi smary. I worked with Tom Winters in the toolroom at Viners until we were made redundant in the early 80s.

I had a friend named Judy Cound who worked there.

I had a friend named Judy Cound who worked there.

my mum worked at viners for a number of years, in fact she was given a silver tea set for long service, she worked as a buffer alongside annie allibone who viners gave a surprise get together at the Grosvenor hotel to mark her 50 years service, was looking at the menu just the other day,

always remember during ww2 the droves of girls coming along bath st making their way home after work after mum died in 1973 I went to see where she worked and was sadden to see where she had worked it was a really dull, dark , sad place.

Hi Willybite

Talking of gifts from Viner's, the company used to give a Xmas hamper plus other things (one year we got a set of saucepans) every year. I don't know whether it was just for us posh office staff or not.