Hillsborough disaster, where were you?

I worked at my local surgery and one of the doctors had bought a ticket for the match,which he was looking forward to,the following Monday I heard he'd spent all that afternoon and night tending the injured,and visiting the makeshift mortuary,he was drained and emotionally exhausted,but never spoke about the horrors he witnessed on that dreadful day.He later had to write a report about that day and i remember reading a bit of it on his desk,I didnt get very far, it was very graphic and I decided I wasnt going to intrude on the last minutes of so many peoples lives.

I was at home in Sheffield listening to it on the radio.

A few people have said they were settling down to watch the match etc but I don't recall the game ever being live on TV?

It is my understanding Grandstand cut to the ground when they realised something bad was happening but the actual game was never scheduled to be live.

Am I wrong?

You are correct azurro, I was outside the ground at 1.30pm that day, I later went for a haircut and had just sat down to watch tv when it came on Grandstand that something was wrong.

Very sad day which will stick with me forever, it affected all sections of football fans, especially Liverpools, Nottingham Forests and Sheffield Wednesdays, each with there own reasons.

Justice for the 96 forever !!!!!!!

96 died and the main fault lies with the hundreds of Liverpool fans who waited till the last minute to charge in to the ground knowing the police would open the gates to prevent a crush it was done on a regular basis on the last few minutes so drunks could get in before the kick off without paying . I have very little sympathy for the police but they cant win whatever they did also I had to take my daughter back to Liverpool that day you couldn't move on the woodhead for beercans on the road

96 died and the main fault lies with the hundreds of Liverpool fans who waited till the last minute to charge in to the ground knowing the police would open the gates to prevent a crush it was done on a regular basis on the last few minutes so drunks could get in before the kick off without paying . I have very little sympathy for the police but they cant win whatever they did also I had to take my daughter back to Liverpool that day you couldn't move on the woodhead for beercans on the road

Did you not sea the video linked above where it showed the Leppings Lane entrance hopelessly crowded at around 14:30?

is it not time to stop looking for revenge and let the dead rest in peace?

In all honesty and with no small amount of sadness I really can't remember where I was or what I was doing, I remember footage on TV of the tragedy but thats about it.

My heart goes out to those who lost someone and hope if its possible they can find some sort of closure.

I was at home in Crookes and you could hear the noise over the TV it was horrendous BUT WHEN WILL THE POLICE PAY> OH SORRY THEY HAVE ALL RETIRED ON BIG FAT PENSIONS

if only it were that simple

What will the outcome of the latest inquest achieve? What do the public want to hear?

What do the parents/relatives of the deceased want to achieve?

Are we ever going to satisfy all parties?

Each Policeman/steward/fan can only tell the truth as they saw it.

If any of these people (remember it was many years ago) bend the truth either intentionally or unintentionally then the outcome will be flawed. If the outcome does not satisfy all groups will there be calls for another enquiry?

We can deduce so far that the police may have doctored some of the statements afterwards.

We can also see from the posted video that there was a clear lack of command with regard to closing the tunnels to the central pens after the outer gates were opened in order to stop a potential loss of life.

We are also able to see from the video that the number of turnstiles was inadequate for the number of fans.

We know all of this, we know that since then so many changes have been made that contribute to greater safety, we know that crowd behaviour has changed we know lots of things so what is the point of this latest inquest? Is it just looking for someone to blame???

that fateful day i was at home had the tv on ,it came on.living not that far from hillsbro shirecliffe i saw some of the impact afterwards .the police should tell the truth then again the politicians [tory] at the time should also hold there hands up ,the scum that posted on the Wikipedia site should be named and shamed ,men women children lost there life's ,there loved ones should know why it happened , i think the kick off should have been put forward ,better checks at the turn styles ,they was non paying getting in thats a fact

that fateful day i was at home had the tv on ,it came on.living not that far from hillsbro shirecliffe i saw some of the impact afterwards .the police should tell the truth then again the politicians [tory] at the time should also hold there hands up ,the scum that posted on the Wikipedia site should be named and shamed ,men women children lost there life's ,there loved ones should know why it happened , i think the kick off should have been put forward ,better checks at the turn styles ,they was non paying getting in thats a fact

I was on Leppings lane , by the bridge .

It was mayhem .

There was fans defecating in front gardens , . Some were stood on the gates at the turn styles , urinating on the crowds as they were going in .

Needless to say- they were absolutely " ****** ".

My heart goes out to the people who lost their loved ones .

It would appear that the "truth " will never come out because everyone is looking for someone to blame when , in actual fact , the **** heads crated so much mayhem that the genuine fans , police and the staff at the gates were thrown into chaos .

hopefully you will be given the opportunity to tell the enquiry what you saw. I doubt you will though