Rate The Last Film You've Seen With Marks Out Of Ten - Part Two

The Guest - 6/10 - Thriller with horror overtones that starts off well but the ridiculousness of the last act spoils it.

jurassic world 8/10- enjoyabel and decent storyland, will be seeeing the sequal. nice to see the references to jurassic park aswell.

the minions 7/10- it was ok but not as good as i hoped

ant man 7/10- not as good as the other marvel films i felt but still enjoyable.

I saw "Escape Plan" recently with Stallone, Arnie, Vinnie Jones and Sam Neill... it was bad, but kind of good! 6.5/10

What we do in the shadows 7/10 vampire comedy with the guy from flight of the concords.

Crikey, just watching the Dark knight (2008) - cracking film. Heath Ledger really put in an enormous performance, what a shame that folks as talented as him take their own lives by ODing.

Run All Night - 6/10

A movie with a title like a bad 80s pop song but it's actually a Liam Neeson movie in which he plays a father with a very particular set of skills, skills he's acquired over a very long career. Skills that make him a nightmare for people like......

Had a bit of a re-cap weekend:

Batman: The Dark Knight - 8.5/10 - Superhero film that plays like a crime thriller, the late Heath Ledger isthe Joker, essential viewing.

Robocop (1987) - 8/10 - The original and best still packs a punch despite the occasional dated SFX.

High Plains Drifter - 8/10 - Classic 70's Western with supernatural overtones, one of Eastwoods early directorial efforts and borrows from his mentors Siegal and Leone, excellent.

And a newish one:

The Babadook - 6/10 - Reasonable Aussie horror that deserves plaudits for keeping things subtle, does lack real scares though.

Edited by top4718

Southpaw - Just about every cliché the boxing film genre can throw up but entertaining all the same 8/10.

Gunman - Started out ok but sort of lost its way about two thirds in, Sean Penn looks in incredible shape for his age, Ray Winston not so much but both do ok.....7/10

Southpaw 8/10 Not just about the boxing, although the fighting is filmed very well. You can feel every punch!

Hot Pursuit 6/10 Only just ok. Most of the funny bits are covered in the trailer.

ps Forgot to say that the upstairs Bar in Cineworld is out of action. It's been completely gutted. There's just loads of scaffolding.

Edited by spats

INSIDE OUT: a brilliant, brilliant film. I've seen it twice (the second time, picking up a lot of stuff that I didn't at first notice) and even the 'over-the-end-credits' extra stuff is great. Can I give it > 10 out of 10, please?

Mr Turner - 9/10

Watched it on DVD the other night. Fascinating insight into the complex personality of JMW Turner during the latter years of his life. DVD had an excellent featurette on how they made the film. Timothy Spall was absolutely fantasic as the painter in question and I'm surprised he wasn't nominated for an Oscar. He aparently took a crash course in learning to paint from an art historian in the style of JMW Turner. Interesting to note that the scenes in the Royal Academy of Arts were filmed at Wentworth Woodhouse, which is not far from Sheffield. Next time I'm in London I'm tempted to visit the National Gallery just to see JMW Turners most famous paintings - The Fighting Temeraire and Rain, Wind and Speed.