Sign in to follow this  

Considering moving to Sheffield (from Sweden)

Hi there,

We're a couple from Sweden who're considering moving to sheffield, we're both unemployed for the moment. For starters I guess we'll try to find some work (how's the employment-market around there?) and later we're considering opening a cafè. Could someone please help find the cheap areas? and where can we check for (rental) appartments? how much does it cost (ofcourse that depends on how central you want to live, but some prices so one can get some perspective)

anyway, please help us out

and yeah, by the way - how time does it take to go london from sheffield?

cheers

/Fredrik & Heidi

Hello Fredrik and Heidi

Answer to the travelling time from London to Sheffield by car is around 2.5 to 3 hours direct up the M1.

Its about 166 miles, not sure of the conversion to killometres.

Accomadation in Sheffield is resonable as such but you won,t be eligable for council property which means you will have to rent from a private landlord which could be more expensive.

You should be able to rent for about £50 per week if you look round and it may be worth visiting the Sheffield Stars web site under the classified section.

I,m intregued why you have picked Sheffield and not other places.

There are some good cafes in Sheffield but not a lot of them, and they seem to make a booming business so if you have the colatral to start one i feel that it may be a good choice.

The old cafes in the industrial areas have long gone along with the Steel works that once chocked the East end of the city.

Areas around Football grounds may be a good choice or the town centre but that would be expensive i would imagine.

its about 260Kilometers from London to Sheffield :)

i doubt you'd find it hard getting jobs in a place like sheffield as due to places like meadowhall (very large shopping centre) there are alot of retail based shops, as well as a developing business and technology sector

happy to help,

RPG

(ps. good luck :) )

A Swedish cafe would be a great idea, if the popularity of the food court at Ikea is anything to go by!

Unfortunately, I don't think such a cafe would work well in Sheffield.

Originally posted by "alchresearch"

A Swedish cafe would be a great idea, if the popularity of the food court at Ikea is anything to go by!

Unfortunately, I don't think such a cafe would work well in Sheffield.

id go there!

i love the sweeden shop, its great! that chocolate is amazing (the kraft one)