Fish and Chips or Chips and Fish???

What doy ou say? Im a Fish and Chips gal but others in the office say Chips and Fish which sounds plain wrong to me! Ane id say Egg and Chips but they say Chips and Egg!

Am I in the minority here???

Not related really but in Bolton they have 'Pea wet'! Just the pea juice on their chips!! I didnt realise quite how different regions do chips

It all depends on what the main constutuent of the meal is. In your examples your main part if the fish, or the egg, there for they are fish and chips, egg and chips. If you were to add a sausage it would be sausage egg and chips (meat, other protein, carbs).

However if you are talking chips and cheese, chips cheese and garlic, chips, beans and cheese, the chips are the main part so come first.

Edited by yummyyumyum

I went in my local chippy last night and said "Fish and chips twice".

The guy at the counter said "it's okay, I heard you the first time".

Fish and chips.

Egg and chips.

Macaroni and cheese.

Definitely Friday!

You can get it in M&S if you're in town. I am nowhere near but blimey I could eat that now. (Homemade is preferable but if you're at work feeling a bit delicate theirs is passable)

the chips always comes second in every meal combonation eg burger & chips, chicken & chips etc apart from interestingly chips & cheese, why is this?

thinking about it i guess that the superior foodstuff always comes first eg sausage & mash, pie & peas. Im a ****ing genius arent I

See where I come from its fish and chips etc but also cheese and chips. Guess chips always come last lol.