Looking for funding for my life goals.

I was recently diagnosed with Anaplastic Gemistocytic Astrocytoma, Which is a Level III Brain Tumor, Cancer.

If my time is short, I would love to be able to get married, have a honeymoon and be able to safely know my partner is going to manage in paying for a funeral and any remaining bills/debts.

If you would like to help, Please click the link below, or share it with your friends. <3

Thank you.

https://www.gofundme.com/support-graham

Graham,

Having just read your account, I feel so humbled and reminded how trivial our own perceived issues really are.

I truly hope support, whether monetary or in kind, grows in order for you and yours to achieve what you deserve.

Very sorry the hear about your diagnosis.

I too was recently treated for a large brain at Hallamshire Hospital.

Reading the account of all the rigmarole you had to go through in order to eventually get a diagnosis is shocking. I was particularly shocked to hear that the optometrist you saw did not immediately refer you for a CT scan.

It was a routine boots eye check up that got me immediately taken to hospital, where I was diagnosed with a large brain tumour the next day. I had no other symptoms.

Pressure of the brain caused by a tumour or 'water on the brain' causes pressure on the optic disks (papilledema) which should be picked up my any optometrist.

An optometrist was recently found guilty of manslaughter for failing so spot papilledema in a young child who subsequently died of 'water on the brain'.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/2016/07/15/optometrist-convicted-of-boys-manslaughter-after-missing-obvious/

It is therefore shocking that whoever looked at your eyes did not immediately spot swelling of your optic disks, especially as you had blurred vision and headaches. Those two symptoms alone should have meant that they were looking specifically for swollen optic disks.

Very sorry the hear about your diagnosis.

I too was recently treated for a large brain at Hallamshire Hospital.

Reading the account of all the rigmarole you had to go through in order to eventually get a diagnosis is shocking. I was particularly shocked to hear that the optometrist you saw did not immediately refer you for a CT scan.

It was a routine boots eye check up that got me immediately taken to hospital, where I was diagnosed with a large brain tumour the next day. I had no other symptoms.

Pressure of the brain caused by a tumour or 'water on the brain' causes pressure on the optic disks (papilledema) which should be picked up my any optometrist.

An optometrist was recently found guilty of manslaughter for failing so spot papilledema in a young child who subsequently died of 'water on the brain'.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/2016/07/15/optometrist-convicted-of-boys-manslaughter-after-missing-obvious/

It is therefore shocking that whoever looked at your eyes did not immediately spot swelling of your optic disks, especially as you had blurred vision and headaches. Those two symptoms alone should have meant that they were looking specifically for swollen optic disks.

You think it'll be worth taking Chesterfield Hospital to court for the persistent messing about they did?

---------- Post added 09-01-2017 at 12:54 ----------

Graham,

Having just read your account, I feel so humbled and reminded how trivial our own perceived issues really are.

I truly hope support, whether monetary or in kind, grows in order for you and yours to achieve what you deserve.

Thank you cgksheff <3

You think it'll be worth taking Chesterfield Hospital to court for the persistent messing about they did?

Thank you cgksheff <3

If is was a vision doctor at Chesterfield Hospital who looked at your eyes and did not spot papilledema despite you having vision problems and headaches (so should have been the first thing they looked for) and just sent you home with some Codeine then I think that that is a potentially very serious matter.

Somebody wasn't doing their job, and as the case of the Optometrist proves, they can be held accountable for not doing their job properly.

You don't sound so down about it. Good on you for having goals and not just sitting there all glum. I'm sorry I can't help so much. There is some great information available here though. http://www.cancerresearchuk.org/about-cancer/coping-with-cancer/coping-practically/financial-support/government-benefits

Take care and good luck

You don't sound so down about it. Good on you for having goals and not just sitting there all glum. I'm sorry I can't help so much. There is some great information available here though. http://www.cancerresearchuk.org/about-cancer/coping-with-cancer/coping-practically/financial-support/government-benefits

Take care and good luck

Thank you Tek-no-logic

Thank you cgksheff <3

I can't begin to imagine myself in your position, and apologies if I sound a bit brutal, but if, as you say in your first post, your time is short, is taking Chesterfield Hospital to court how you want to spend it?

As others have said before me on here, take care and good luck.

I can't begin to imagine myself in your position, and apologies if I sound a bit brutal, but if, as you say in your first post, your time is short, is taking Chesterfield Hospital to court how you want to spend it?

As others have said before me on here, take care and good luck.

I do feel it's worth it because things could have been done three months earlier if they had performed a CT scan in September instead of the amount of pain I went through till December.

Your not sounding brutal at all to be honest, I prefer at least being able to still do things, doing nothing is what'll really be trouble. But thanks for the care :)

I hope and will pray for the best possible outcome for you.

It seems like you and your family have been let down by so many 'professionals', at your GP surgery and at hospital.

If you feel you want to, then contact the local law society and ask them for a list of solicitors who deal with such cases who will provide a free initial consultation and will work on a no win no fee basis.

If you decide

this is not the route for you, then you have other options for recourse, at a surgery and hospital level, but perhaps even beyond that. I also wonder if requesting a meeting with your local MP might be worthwhile.

My thinking is that at least if people are brought to account on record in some way, then they might tighten up on their protocols and there will hopefully be less chance of someone else going through such a terrible ordeal as you and your loved ones have.

You are very brave and strong which is going to help you enormously.

Edited by Lex Luthor

I was recently diagnosed with Anaplastic Gemistocytic Astrocytoma, Which is a Level III Brain Tumor, Cancer.

If my time is short, I would love to be able to get married, have a honeymoon and be able to safely know my partner is going to manage in paying for a funeral and any remaining bills/debts.

If you would like to help, Please click the link below, or share it with your friends. <3

Thank you.

https://www.gofundme.com/support-graham

Hi Graham, I am really sorry for your news and I hope you meet your goals to get married and look after your family. I will be making a donation to help you on your way.

I hope you don't mind me adding this but I actually see things like this quite often in my line of work and situations like this just underline the need for families to consider life and or critical illness insurance.

Anyway again I wish you luck with your collection.