George Bush vs Saddam Hussain

Found this interesting on the BBC news site today.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-us-canada-38497767

A CIA operative whos been studying Saddam Hussain since 1998, and was the man who interviewed him in custody and so spent a lot of time with him in all manner of different moods.

And also a man who has met George W Bush and says matter of factly he would rather spend time with Saddam Hussain than George Bush.

and also ties things up to the present with the following

President Bush, he says, was "isolated from reality", with advisers that would "rally around him regardless and nod in agreement".

"I used to think what we said at the CIA mattered and the president would listen, but it doesn't matter what we say, politics trumps intelligence."

Mr Nixon says he is "ashamed" of what has happened in Iraq since the ousting of Saddam Hussein.

He says the Bush administration gave no thought as to what events might take place after Saddam's removal, and - in light of the rise of extremist groups such as the so-called "Islamic State" - believes the region would have been better off had he remained in place.

Such claims have been dismissed by former UK Prime Minister Tony Blair, who led the country at the time of the invasion.

The region would have been AT LEAST more stable than it is now.

I wonder if President Trump is going to make things better in the region?

Unlikely.

Unlikely.

he'll make things a thousand times worse going on the things the loud mouth has spouted, all over the globe

he'll make things a thousand times worse going on the things the loud mouth has spouted, all over the globe

What things specifically do you mean?

Damn, I thought there'd be some sort of video of them fighting...very disappointed

What things specifically do you mean?

have a look at the news and think mr troll

---------- Post added 06-01-2017 at 22:16 ----------

Damn, I thought there'd be some sort of video of them fighting...very disappointed

sorry fella :P

Unlikely.

He can't. Nobody can really, because to keep a lid on things in places like Iraq you need a dictator with a very firm hand. Trump going to install one?

He can't. Nobody can really, because to keep a lid on things in places like Iraq you need a dictator with a very firm hand. Trump going to install one?

they seem to have hung them all, apart from Assad

I think there's only one way to find out ............ fight!!!!!!!!!!!

Which they did.