Are people being unduly sniffy about Victoira Beckham getting an OBE?

Victoria Beckham's up & coming award of an OBE has sent many flying into a hissy fit.

Many, such as MPs Peter Bone & Andrew Bridgen, are angry that upon hearing the news VB leaked the info, calling such behaviour as a "a betrayal of etiquette", and have suggested that the OBE be withdrawn for that reason. Others are wondering what she has done to earn the award.

Personally I don't care for the woman. Though getting an OBE these days is hardly newsworthy, in that I just don't see it as a big deal.

Just wondered what people on here thought?

Her collections cost £2000 plus and are nothing spectacular. Quite frankly people need a medal for wearing them.

The MPs are correct, it is bad etiquette, if Mrs Beckham did leak her award. I agree awards do seem to be giving out like confetti these days, especially to sportsmen and sportswoman.

I agree awards do seem to be giving out like confetti these days, especially to sportsmen and sportswoman.

We have had a very good run of success in the last two olympics, so it's only right those achievements are recognised.

We have had a very good run of success in the last two olympics, so it's only right those achievements are recognised.

They already had been recognised by the medals they were awarded at the last two Olympic Games. Also with the amount of lottery funding these sports people achieve, it is much easier for them to win medals then previous generations of UK sports people.

Also with the amount of lottery funding these sports people achieve, it is much easier for them to win medals then previous generations of UK sports people.

Then how come our national football team still sucks ?

Victoria Beckham's up & coming award of an OBE has sent many flying into a hissy fit.

Many, such as MPs Peter Bone & Andrew Bridgen, are angry that upon hearing the news VB leaked the info, calling such behaviour as a "a betrayal of etiquette", and have suggested that the OBE be withdrawn for that reason. Others are wondering what she has done to earn the award.

Personally I don't care for the woman. Though getting an OBE these days is hardly newsworthy, in that I just don't see it as a big deal.

Just wondered what people on here thought?

I'd be more concerned about the honourary degrees being given out. A degree is supposed to be a qualification that is earned not something to bestow on someone because they were on TV.

Then how come our national football team still sucks ?

A combination of bad management and the players not caring as much, as other Nations to perform well in the major tournaments.

A combination of bad management and the players not caring as much, as other Nations to perform well in the major tournaments.

All the more reason to acknowledge our sportsmen and women who did win an olympic medal then.

Have you guys confused Victoria Beckham with a sportswoman?

Have you guys confused Victoria Beckham with a sportswoman?

She looks a bit like a javelin?

She looks a bit like a javelin?

a mop .